NREMTP study guides from 2002

waffleiron

Forum Probie
Hey all. Massachusetts paramedic student here studying for the national registry paramedic written exam.

I just bought a used copy of a paramedic study guide for $1.20 on amazon. Trouble is, it's from 2002 and there are newer editions of this book from 2007 which of course cost more money.

Does anybody know if the NREMT paramedic curriculum or testing has changed from 2002 onward to the present? Just wondering if the newer editions have any new/different information or if they just changed the font and the pictures like some textbooks editions do. The textbook industry can be a bit of a racket sometimes.

The book(s) in question is called "Paramedic Review Manual for National Certification" by Stephen Rahm.

Thanks, and good luck to anybody else taking the exams.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Nah, the Paramedic cirriculi has not been changed since ..... 1998, as if there have been no advances in prehopsital medicine since then right?

And the epic fail award goes to .... the Department of Transportation and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration! :D

OP
OP
W

waffleiron

Forum Probie
Upon further study of this book there is talk of stacking shocks during vfib.

No worries though. I passed my written exam in 20 minutes at 70something questions!