Nremt

aandjmayne

Forum Crew Member
I am going to take emtb in January anyone know of any websites that can give a step up before training? looking for something that might help me accel faster in the course.. Also, anyone got any advice for starting with emtb and working up to emtp?

OP
OP
aandjmayne

aandjmayne

Forum Crew Member
also.. leaving boring legal field to go into ems.. something Ive wanted to do all my life... wondering if I should get into first responder or something before I get into emt class.... and if so.. anybody from baton rouge, la know anything about first responders here??.. I was thinking about becoming a first responder while Im still in school...

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
First responder helps with some of the skills, but is not necessary.

jochi1543

Forum Captain
It really isn't that hard for a course. I understand that scopes of practice vary among states/provinces, so your class may have a bit more info than mine (we don't do IVs, for example), but really, don't stress. We had 17 people in my class and only 4 of them were unable to pass the final on the 2nd try - our school allows 3 times, I don't know how they all did on their last attempt. For a class that doesn't require any prior education beyond high school, I think a 75%+ pass rate is pretty good. Just don't overinterpret the questions on the written exams and stay cool during the practicals, and you'll ace it. I would say only 1 of the 4 people who had trouble passing was what I'd define as, um, of inferior intelligence, for everyone else it was just a matter of nerves.

Code 3

Forum Captain
I am going to take emtb in January anyone know of any websites that can give a step up before training? looking for something that might help me accel faster in the course.. Also, anyone got any advice for starting with emtb and working up to emtp?

www.emtb.com

This place has everything you need in order to prepare yourself and help you with studying while in class. You can do anatomy review, practice tests, skills review, vocabulary review, scenarios, and much more.