NREMT reprocity from Michigan to Illinois

coadchr1

Forum Ride Along
Hello all! This is my first post on emtlife so cut me some slack if I posted this in the wrong forum. Anyways I have just passed my NREMT-B test and am excited to start my EMS career. I am most definitely going to go on to for my paramedic. I was planning on going to medic school where I live now (Michigan) so I can live at home and save some money. I'm going to try and work as least as possible when in school so I can get the full experience from my clinical time. I would love to move down to Chicago though after I have obtained my Medic certification. (Most of my family lives down there and I'm originally from the suburbs.) I just wasn't sure of the whole process of switching licenses from state to state. Thanks in advance!

WildlandEMT89

Forum Lieutenant
Hello all! This is my first post on emtlife so cut me some slack if I posted this in the wrong forum. Anyways I have just passed my NREMT-B test and am excited to start my EMS career. I am most definitely going to go on to for my paramedic. I was planning on going to medic school where I live now (Michigan) so I can live at home and save some money. I'm going to try and work as least as possible when in school so I can get the full experience from my clinical time. I would love to move down to Chicago though after I have obtained my Medic certification. (Most of my family lives down there and I'm originally from the suburbs.) I just wasn't sure of the whole process of switching licenses from state to state. Thanks in advance!

I think your best course of action is to contact both the Michigan and Illinois EMS licensing groups and verify what you need to do to transfer certification. Some states will recognize NR other will not without additional training. Same goes for state licensing transferring. The people in charge of licensing for these two states will be able to give you solid first hand info that you can rely on.

Best of luck!