NREMT Re-Entry. Who has done it?

TonyaL

Forum Crew Member
This is in Michigan and my experience. My EMT Basic License expired 12/31/2012.

I did not take a refresher nor any ces to renew my license.

In the state of Michigan you have approximately 3 years from the date your license expired/lapsed to renew your license.

For me personally since my license expired 12/31/12 I had until 12/31/15 to take a Michigan approved EMT Basic refresher fill out the renewal form and sent in a $175 check or money order payable to the state of Michigan.

As far as my Nremt re entry. I let my Nremt expire 7 years ago. Per the National Registry all you have to do was take a Nremt approved refresher, do a skills verification and have a current CPR card. Send in your documentation. Then take the Nremt test. Once you pass you get your EMT B Nremt again.

This is from personal experience. As far as skills verification I went to the school I took my EMT class at.

WildlandEMT89

Forum Lieutenant
Personally I always let my national lapse and only get it back if I need it for something. It's always felt easier to me than maintaining it.

My understanding for Nremt is that, past 2 years lapsed, as long as you have an active state certification (and possibly must be working as well) you must:

take an approved refresher, submit skills verification, and pass the computer based testing.

https://www.nremt.org/nremt/about/reg_basic_history.asp

d10473f83083edd468df4cd5e839f7ac.jpg