NREMT question

DM1995

Forum Probie
When I finished my basic class they told us we have 3 months to make our first attempt at taking the NREMT, I was wondering if that is in fact true. I couldn't seem to locate that information anywhere. Also is it true I have a year to attempt it all 6 times if that is needed. I'm in Mississippi and haven't taken it yet as I just passed my class last month but wanted to get my facts straight.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
NREMT.org is your friend. It has all the answers on the site direct from the people who administer the test.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
When I finished my basic class they told us we have 3 months to make our first attempt at taking the NREMT, I was wondering if that is in fact true. I couldn't seem to locate that information anywhere. Also is it true I have a year to attempt it all 6 times if that is needed. I'm in Mississippi and haven't taken it yet as I just passed my class last month but wanted to get my facts straight.

The application for certification (and fee) ytou've paid resulting in the Authorization to Test (ATT) is only valid for 90 days. After that date, you have to reapply (and pay fee). All of the certification requirements (successful completion of cognitive and psychomotor exams) must be completed within 2 years of course completion.

Statistically speaking, your best chances of success on the exams come the sooner you take the courses after your exams.

https://www.nremt.org/nremt/downloads/RefundPolicyATTReceived.pdf

As luke said, NREMT.org is an excellent resource, both the web content and phone representatives. It would benefit you to review the information available (including documents from your EMT course instructor and emails from NR), as I suspect many of these questions could be answered there.

Let us know if you have more questions

OP
OP
D

DM1995

Forum Probie
The application for certification (and fee) ytou've paid resulting in the Authorization to Test (ATT) is only valid for 90 days. After that date, you have to reapply (and pay fee). All of the certification requirements (successful completion of cognitive and psychomotor exams) must be completed within 2 years of course completion.

Statistically speaking, your best chances of success on the exams come the sooner you take the courses after your exams.

https://www.nremt.org/nremt/downloads/RefundPolicyATTReceived.pdf

As luke said, NREMT.org is an excellent resource, both the web content and phone representatives. It would benefit you to review the information available (including documents from your EMT course instructor and emails from NR), as I suspect many of these questions could be answered there.

Let us know if you have more questions
Up until recently I had some trouble navigating the NREMT website but as you stated I see many of these things can be answered there. I appreciate your reply. Hopefully I can get all this figured out.