NREMT Lab

EMT91

Forum Lieutenant
I just took my NREMT Skills Test, (Trauma Assessment plus a random skill) and I passed! Now, I have a final exam next week in lecture and then if I pass that, the big bad NREMT test...I am so excited! Just wanted to share the good news that I passed my lab.

And yes, I have all my skills signed off aha.

Last edited by a moderator:

Monkadelic

Forum Probie
cool! i just finished all my skills ( trauma, medical, traction splint, long board, KED, AED) written (94%) and clinicals and stoked to take the NREMT in a week or so; just waiting for grades to get put up and cleared on the registry site. good luck!

OP
OP
EMT91

EMT91

Forum Lieutenant
cool! i just finished all my skills ( trauma, medical, traction splint, long board, KED, AED) written (94%) and clinicals and stoked to take the NREMT in a week or so; just waiting for grades to get put up and cleared on the registry site. good luck!

Awesome! Congrats on that. Perhaps we could message and quiz each other to help prep for the NREMT if you like.

roninwarrior

Forum Crew Member
I just took my NREMT Skills Test, (Trauma Assessment plus a random skill) and I passed! Now, I have a final exam next week in lecture and then if I pass that, the big bad NREMT test...I am so excited! Just wanted to share the good news that I passed my lab.

And yes, I have all my skills signed off aha.

Awesome. I just took my practical from 8 to Noon today and passed. It was not as bad as I thought it would be. Just so much anxiety involved all day :)

Monkadelic

Forum Probie
Awesome. I just took my practical from 8 to Noon today and passed. It was not as bad as I thought it would be. Just so much anxiety involved all day :)

congrats! i finished all my other skills early on and was pacing back n forth a good hour or so before i did the medical assessment- that was the only one i was worried about. and it turned out i got one of the easiest yet hardest ones.
chief complaint was "oh i just dont feel good" at the end they told me i was the only one that got 42/42 because noone else had verbalized consideration of c-spine, and also they were really impressed with my differential diagnosis weeding out everything from CO poisoning to stomach bug- they told me I thought outside the box and would love to work with me in the field if they had the chance. ( our medical assessment was done by the paramedic students under direction from the instructors). i felt more comfortable with them because they have had experience in the field and knew how to throw a more realistic scene at you.

EMT2B

Forum Lieutenant
I take my NREMT on Tuesday the 22nd. Cue the flutterbys in my stomach. :unsure: I will be taking my exam in San Francisco at the Pearson center. The email I got says the test will take 135 minutes. I'm assuming thats the longest time allotted to take the test, not how long the test *ACTUALLY* takes.

It also says I need two forms of ID, one with a picture (my DL) and a second with my name and signature. Uhm ... Would my SNAP (food stamps) benefits card work for that? I don't have a credit card, and my Library Card does not have my name on it. Anyone know?

Melmd

Forum Crew Member
I take my NREMT on Tuesday the 22nd. Cue the flutterbys in my stomach. :unsure: I will be taking my exam in San Francisco at the Pearson center. The email I got says the test will take 135 minutes. I'm assuming thats the longest time allotted to take the test, not how long the test *ACTUALLY* takes.

It also says I need two forms of ID, one with a picture (my DL) and a second with my name and signature. Uhm ... Would my SNAP (food stamps) benefits card work for that? I don't have a credit card, and my Library Card does not have my name on it. Anyone know?

Good luck! A passport can do if you have one. They just need to verify that you are really who you are! :)