NREMT Extends recertifications

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians today announced two important modifications to the current recertification cycle for Nationally Registered EMS personnel.

The National Registry's Board of Directors approved a motion extending the current recertification deadline from March 31, 2020 to June 30, 2020. Additionally, for Registrants due to recertify March 31, 2020 Distributive Education (DE) limitations will be removed. This allows all continuing education to be accomplished outside of classrooms.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Were down to less than a month, this should not have been an issue.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
Were down to less than a month, this should not have been an issue.
I agree, if you waited until March 13 to have your CEUs for a March 31 expiration then your SOL.

OP
OP
NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I agree, if you waited until March 13 to have your CEUs for a March 31 expiration then your SOL.

Yet, people do it every year. I got half a dozen emails asking me if I was holding a refresher. I provide my peeps more than enough con ed over the course of the revert cycle to cover NREMT. I’m not holding a refresher for the ones who refuse to do the monthly con ed.