NREMT-EMT Recert Question

floridamed224

Forum Crew Member
Hello everyone,

I have a couple of questions about re-certification for NREMT-EMT.

1) In a few months I need to start the process for re-cert for my EMT. When I took the EMT class originally one of the instructors stated that if we decided to go to paramedic school we could count paramedic school as our hours instead of having to complete a "Refresher Course". I have searched for more information on this and can not find it. Is this true? If paramedic school will not count as a Refresher Course can it count as the required continuing education hours?

2) I know I need to complete my EMT recert because I will not have completed paramedic before the recert is due however how common is it for someone to have both an EMT and a Paramedic certification? I have heard of people who prefer to keep both certifications. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Louis Sabat

Forum Ride Along
Well I see you are a Florida EMT. Good to start early, the recert deadline is December 1,2016. I used Centre Learn for my recert, it is a low cost organization through EMS world with good presentations. Any big questions you should call florida DOH and they can answer your questions.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Or you can just retake the NREMT test and then have your training director sign off that you still know the skills.