NREMT certification lapse

ethomas4

Forum Crew Member
Hello,

I am not sure if the is the correct place to post, I hope it is.

My situation is the following: I got my EMT-B in 2010, renewed in 2012. I did not renew in 2014. From reading NREMT, it says "If your National EMS Certification lapsed as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) within a two year period or you are currently state licensed as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), you can obtain National EMS Certification by completing a state-approved Refresher course and successfully completing the cognitive and psychomotor examinations."

So my question is, I can still do a refresher and take the test prior to March and I should be able to get re certified correct?

I am checking because some people/sources tell me that those 2 years only refer to the first two years after the initial certification. Does any one know?

And yes, I have tried to contact NREMT and local/state EMS offices, no luck.

OP
OP
E

ethomas4

Forum Crew Member
Hi luke_31

No, my state also lapsed in 2014.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Sounds like you might have to redo a basic program.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Wouldn't it depend on the state? In other words, if the state only requires him to take a refresher or whatever in order to get his state card back, couldn't he then retest NR with his state card?

OP
OP
E

ethomas4

Forum Crew Member
finally got through with NREMT after 2 hrs....for whats its worth: I just need a 24hr refresher with skills lab and take and pass the NREMT national exam.