NREMT-B to NREMT Transition

CodyHolt83

Forum Lieutenant
I know this has probably been posted already but it doesn't show up as a recent thing. I'm totally confused about the NREMT-B to NREMT transition. This will be my first time to recertify my National. I'd like to keep it, but if it is as confusing as it has been so far, I don't need it in Texas and I'll drop it.

Anybody give me some advice on how to understand this transition?

;)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
When are you up to re-certify?
I'd strongly suggest reading this page: https://www.nremt.org/nremt/about/transition_policy.asp

In short, you've got another 2-3 years to attend a "transition course" and re-certify under the new requirements. For the current cycle, you can use the old standards.

OP
OP
C

CodyHolt83

Forum Lieutenant
I'm due to recertify March 31, 2013. I've read the articles on NREMT's website, but it is just so confusing. Do I have to take a transition course before 2013's renewal, or just within the next 2-3 years?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I'm due to recertify March 31, 2013. I've read the articles on NREMT's website, but it is just so confusing. Do I have to take a transition course before 2013's renewal, or just within the next 2-3 years?
If you want your new card to say "NREMT" you need the transition now. If you and/or your state don't care, then you have until your State mandates it, and no later than the next certification cycle - which would be the March 31, 2015.

Us medics have an extra cycle. And EMT-I99's have another one on top of that to bridge to Paramedic.

OP
OP
C

CodyHolt83

Forum Lieutenant
Well that certainly makes more sense. I appreciate it. I'm in Texas and they don't require it....but I'm sure it is coming soon.