NREMT-B Practicals

SeanTFF89

Forum Ride Along
Hi,
I am new to this site, i will be taking my Practical test soon for NREMT. I was wondering if there is any specific way that is easier on remembering your Medical skill sheet? That is the only one i have trouble on. Mostly if not the only reason is i know the OPQRST but thats only for Respiratory and Cardiac the other 6 are random questions.

Thanks,
Sean

emscrazy1

Forum Lieutenant
Just remember scene safety/bsi abc's o2 and the rest will be cake. If you study those nremt sheets you will go nuts. I'm sure you have practiced scenarios before it shouldn't be too different.

LostViet408

Forum Crew Member
like I've said, its not ABC's, its CAB for all situation. But still use your judgement as to the patient's history's etc... etc...

EMT-IT753

Forum Lieutenant
LostViet408- I beleive you are mistaken. It is still ABC's. For CPR it is CAB.
I also dont beleive the NREMT has made the switch to the 2010 AHA guidelines so it is still ABC on CPR as well until that change is official.

LostViet408

Forum Crew Member
You are correct, ABC's for assessment and CAB for CPR. As for the national reg. Yes they still use the old ABC's for CPR and hasnt made the change yet.

nwhitney

Forum Captain
Hi,
I am new to this site, i will be taking my Practical test soon for NREMT. I was wondering if there is any specific way that is easier on remembering your Medical skill sheet? That is the only one i have trouble on. Mostly if not the only reason is i know the OPQRST but thats only for Respiratory and Cardiac the other 6 are random questions.

Thanks,
Sean

I have some mnemonics for medical assessment that helped me. Let me know and I'll send them to you.