Notepads – Guide your assessment and reports

itzfrank

Forum Crew Member
We were looking for something to make our jobs easier, so I ordered these and have been using them for a while now. I had quite a few printed to keep the cost down, and am not trying to get rich, but wanted to share them with anyone else who might be interested.

Check them out online: (I ship everyday except my shift day.)

http://EMSpads.com

Icenine

Forum Crew Member
Hi Franks,
How are these bound?

OP
OP
itzfrank

itzfrank

Forum Crew Member
They are "adhesive bound" - There is a strip of "glue" across the top. I carry them in my back pocket and they usually last about half of the pad, then I put a couple of staples in it and it last the rest of the time. It'll last the whole pad if you have it in a less tight pocket.

DogPoundMedic

Forum Probie
Just wondering if anyone has these maybe on a maybe a word document where you can print them off and make coppies for free instead of paying for them...

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
Just wondering if anyone has these maybe on a maybe a word document where you can print them off and make coppies for free instead of paying for them...

There is no such thing as "free". The paper costs money, the toner costs money, and the printer has a finite life span so every paper that cycles through it represents a fraction of the printer's purchase and maintenance costs. Plus the cost of the electricity it takes to run it. Then add the value of the time it will take you to print out a bunch of copies, trim them to size if you're not using full sheets, and bind them together, and honestly I don't think $10 for 10 pads is an unreasonable cost given the convenience of just ordering it rather than having to make it yourself.

Now if you'd like your own custom form, I'd be happy to design one for you, to your exact specifications or requirements...for a small fee, of course. ;)

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
And if you use 10 per shift, you can do the math as to how much you'll be paying monthly (add in any shipping costs). Also, figure most time spent will be on original creation...and that'll depend on how customized you want yours.

I have a feeling doing it yourself would be significantly cheaper, though I do appreciate that someone created that product.

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
And if you use 10 per shift, you can do the math as to how much you'll be paying monthly (add in any shipping costs). Also, figure most time spent will be on original creation...and that'll depend on how customized you want yours.

I have a feeling doing it yourself would be significantly cheaper, though I do appreciate that someone created that product.

OK, so say you use 10 per shift, as you said. I am going to assume you meant use 10 sheets per shift, not 10 pads because that would be ridiculous. There's 25 sheets on a pad; nobody runs 250 calls in one shift. But 10 calls in one shift sounds reasonable. The next variable is how many shifts in a month. In Howard County, it's a 24/48 schedule, so a person works one out of three days, which means ~10 shifts per month, which means 100 calls (at your rate of 10 per shift).

The minimum order is 10 pads for $10. A pad has 25 sheets, so that's 250 sheets for $10. You need 100 sheets per month, so your $10 order will last you 2.5 months. Looked at another way, your order costs you FOUR BUCKS per month.

And that is using your hypothetical of ten per shift, along with my assumption you meant 10 sheets as opposed to the ridiculous 10 pads.

Sorry, I'm just not seeing that ~$4 per month is worth quibbling over. If you think you can do it cheaper, and saving some of that $4 per month is worth the time and effort it will take to print it out, trim to size, and bind it somehow (which is not something the average person probably knows how to do anyway), then go for it, and more power to you. And as I said earlier, you'd only be saving some of that $4 per month because your own paper, printer toner, printer wear & tear, electricity, and binding supplies are going to cost you money, too.

And as I also said...if you really want to make your own, I'd be more than happy to custom design something for you...for a small fee, of course. :)

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
Ah, there's the disconnect. I assumed each note pad was a sheet itself and cost $1 each sheet. Roughly $40-$50/yr is totally reasonable

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief

Easy, open up Microsoft word, create your forms based on this template or another using underscores to create places to fill in the blank, and you are set.