Not taking your work home with you.

OP
OP
Fry14MN

Fry14MN

Security Officer/Dispatcher/FR
To add to this, your own. Take a break if/ when needed. Self reflection and humility have very much kept me afloat when I felt as though I may have been neck deep in a flood.

I didn't think of that, you're exactly right. I haven't had a day off in almost three weeks. I have a day off the day after tomorrow and I think it's at a perfect time.

OP
OP
Fry14MN

Fry14MN

You scared me for a second... Then I realized I'm not wise :), but I'm glad you got some expert opinions :)!

You're to hard on yourself my friend! You have loads of knowledge and I've thought about additional schooling because of our talks. :) You're smart, sometimes a smart *** but always smart! :)

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I didn't think of that, you're exactly right. I haven't had a day off in almost three weeks. I have a day off the day after tomorrow and I think it's at a perfect time.
One thing I learned the hard way.... Your health(mental and physical)> job, money, and whatever else needs to happen. If you can't function what good is that to anybody?

OP
OP
Fry14MN

Fry14MN

He's not a smartass, he's a wiseass...
FUGETABOUTIT?!! WHOA!

You guys make me laugh. Talking to a group of guys who are perfect strangers to me has never been so therapeutic! Venting to everyone has already lightened the load.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
He's not a smartass, he's a wiseass...
FUGETABOUTIT?!! WHOA!
Are you from new yawk, I'm neither but thank both of you. Again fry glad you got some professional help!

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Are you from new yawk

He's from da choppa

schwarzenegger_scream.jpg

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
VentMonkey is one of the best of the best and have had the pleasure of working with. The shogun of the California dust bowl.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
The shogun of the Kern County Cult.

*cough cough*

OP, like NysEms said, I don't get attached to patients. Doesn't mean that I'm not compassionate but at the end of the day I don't know these people nor have I had any prior/ post interaction with them. Sounds callous and it probably is, but I do care for my patients. I just don't get personally attached.