Not sure what to do. Need help.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
As an EMT you register with a county (or, apparently in some cases, 2). In general, the single county card allows you to work anywhere in the state. You do not have to register with the state itself. Now, if you were a paramedic, that'd be different.

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
Santa Clara agency issued a new rule as of 2009. Any jobs out of the county or does not register with santa clara, they will not issue you a badge but only a county card. So since i'm applying for places up in Alameda, i have to get one up there just in case.

Whatever you're trying to say, you are wrong. You need one card for one county in the state, and that allows you to work anywhere in the state.

My Ventura County card has allowed me to apply to San Mateo county, Santa Barbara County, Los Angeles County, and SF without incident. Santa Clara County lacks authority to require you to apply for another EMT certification. I also not only know this from experience, but in fact as well.

emtguy

Forum Ride Along
When I took my EMT-B class, near the end the EMS head from my county gave a power point presentation. About an hour long, very well done, giving a brief history of EMS, the structure of governmental EMS and his jobs/duties. There were specifics regarding the NREMT test, and what forms/documents were needed to get county certification.

Yes, as it stands now, a county card is good throughout CA. However, that will probably change soon, and there will be a state-wide card. This will put CA in line with other states. It is for this reason why many counties are now requiring a DOJ livescan fingerprinting as a requirement.

Noctis Lucis Caelum

Forum Lieutenant
Whatever you're trying to say, you are wrong. You need one card for one county in the state, and that allows you to work anywhere in the state.

My Ventura County card has allowed me to apply to San Mateo county, Santa Barbara County, Los Angeles County, and SF without incident. Santa Clara County lacks authority to require you to apply for another EMT certification. I also not only know this from experience, but in fact as well.

I asked them if i had a job for another county besides santa clara would i still be getting the badge. They said they only provide the badge in santa clara county and nowhere else.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Which is technically true. You can only get a Santa Clara County certification in Santa Clara County. That doesn't mean that the Santa Clara County certification isn't valid in other counties.

ClarkKent

Forum Lieutenant
You know, it's sad that people on the opposite side of the country knows more about California certification than Californians.

I hate to say it since I live in NorCal, but this is true!!

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
I asked them if i had a job for another county besides santa clara would i still be getting the badge. They said they only provide the badge in santa clara county and nowhere else.

Wait a minute, you want a BADGE????

Not everyone gets a badge. If you DO get a badge, it's up to your job to provide, based on where you work.
If you're talking about a patch, that too, is, generally, up to your job to provide.

BTW, my county card is out of Riverside county, and I wear an LA County badge and patch, both provided by my job.