North Flight EMS (Michigan)

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Ok so what do people know about North Flight EMS in Michigan? I see that they do both ground and aeromedical. I see that they have a bunch of ground paramedic positions open, but I'm wondering if anyone knows how they hire flight positions? Do they only hire from their ground teams or do they hire from outside? I would love to make my way to the mitten and work aeromedical there. Sadly a lot of them require an RN for their birds so looks like I need to convince my wife of nursing school again since she has kinda put the kibosh on med school. (For now lol)

OP
OP
PotatoMedic

PotatoMedic

Well after a little more googling I guess it is North Flight AeroMed that I am wondering about. North Flight EMS is their ground division and AeroMed is their airmedical division.

wanderingmedic

RN, Paramedic
I am only vaguely familiar with them. One of the guys we had hired at my service came from there. According to him if you had your FP-C it was not hard to transition from ground to air, and that they DID promote from ground to air. Other than that, he seemed to think it was pretty much like any other for-profit ambo company.

On a side note, EMS in Michigan sucks. Do not more here to be a medic.

If you do move to Michigan, move to the Lansing or Saginaw area. There are Medic to RN programs in both of those cities. In MI you will NOT have a problem finding an ED or ICU job as a new grad ADN RN with Medic Experience.

OP
OP
PotatoMedic

PotatoMedic

I'm looking at Hutchinson CC for my medic to RN again. Just need to retake a few classes because they are so old. And honestly not looking at Michigan for the medicine but more the area. I like Boise but I miss trees and water. Might got back to the PNW but I am not sure. I grew up on lake Michigan every summer as a kid and love the area so that is what is dragging me to the area. Traverse City specifically though Leland is amazing. Think I will send them a message asking about their hiring process.