NORCAL Ambulance testing???

Manswers

Forum Ride Along
I have a written/physical test comming up on the 19th for norcal ambulance. Can anyone fill me in on what questions to expect on the written test?? Im a tad concerned since its been several weeks since Ive studied the book.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
...several weeks since Ive studied the book.
EMT book? Is the ink dry on your card?

I know that the only EMS exam I ever got as a pre-employment test was a generic "EMT" test... not that bad, just had to read the questions, and the answers were common sense.

Don't get too stressed... the test isn't usually a HUGE deal.

OP
OP
M

Manswers

Forum Ride Along
EMT book? Is the ink dry on your card?

I know that the only EMS exam I ever got as a pre-employment test was a generic "EMT" test... not that bad, just had to read the questions, and the answers were common sense.

Don't get too stressed... the test isn't usually a HUGE deal.
I hope its easy. IM stoked that after months of unemployment ,I have a shot at a job. Just got my emt state card a few weeks ago,then my ambulance cert and medical examiners card a week ago.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

Hal9000

Forum Captain
From what I've seen

Most of those tests are so easy you can almost do them blindfolded. For giggles we once gave them to some friends who have no experience in EMS. They passed. :p

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Ill also have an oral interview,can anyone tell me what to expect with that?

Questions. You will usually be expected to supply answers. :p

Seriously, an oral interview is to ascertain if you can think on your feet and can correctly answer a few basic scenario-based questions. They aren't going to grill you too hard, but they usually want to find out if you are all book knowledge or can actually apply your training without having to flip pages. I wouldn't sweat it too much...

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
What is that?

It's a California thing. Required for the California Ambulance Driver cert. All commercial drivers have to have it, make sure you're healthy enough to drive for a living.

JPINFV

Gadfly
It's a California thing. Required for the California Ambulance Driver cert. All commercial drivers have to have it, make sure you're healthy enough to drive for a living.

Also some of the counties require it regardless of if you're driving or not (Orange County, for example).

Also I don't think that a drug test is required for the DOT card/physical. Urine dipstick? Yes. Drug test? No.