No Helmet

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Dual headlights on cycles give us four-door types a better idea of distances and relative speeds too.
I ride with my brights on all the time. I, and many others I know, have found that when we ride with our brights on, cars are MUCH more likely to actually notice us and not do something stupid. Anecdotal? Sure. But hey, whatever works.

I see many fewer bad cyclists nowadays versus twenty years ago .

It's funny, sportbike riders (or "crotch rockets") are often stigmatized as the 'unsafe' motorcyclist, yet in my experience, they are often the ones that are fully, or mostly, covered in protective clothing and wearing a helmet. Cruiser riders aren't.

While working yesterday, there were a crap load of cruisers riding around. We saw well over 100 in various groups. My partner and I counted the number of helmets we saw... only 2 had full face helmets, and only a handful more had partial helmets. The rest were gearless.

Now, I would have counted sportbike riders too, but with wind gusts in to the 40's and bikes that weigh half as much as cruisers, we aren't silly enough to go riding. :p