New Years Resolutions

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
So what are your resolutions for 2007?

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
five years ago, i made a new years resolution which, although its a contradiction in and of itself, i have yet to break. my new years resolution was never to make another new years resolution. i find the practice to be stupid and a waste of time......

Epi-do

I see dead people
Right there with you KEV! I did the same thing about 8 years ago or so.

Ignacio_emt_vn

Forum Probie
No more fast food!!! and to stop smoking......... its been my new years resolution for the past 3 years! Oh well, another year maybe.

TheDoll

Forum Captain
five years ago, i made a new years resolution which, although its a contradiction in and of itself, i have yet to break. my new years resolution was never to make another new years resolution. i find the practice to be stupid and a waste of time......

i can understand why you wouldn't want the burden of having a new year's resolution especially, when it might feel like some societal obligation. for example, i find it annoying when people ask "what is your ny resolution" as opposed to "do you have a ny resolution". i tend to find it annoying when
another person or society puts me under obligation for something as i prefer my sense of obligation to come from within. however, i disagree (politely:) ) with that the practice is stupid or a waste of time. it is a form of goal setting which is something that can be a tremendous tool for many people. if you prefer not to set goals or set them at a different time or place, then that is perfectly fine, too! all of this being said...i have no new years resolution, and i don't plan on setting one:p :) . happy new year just the same!

TheDoll

Forum Captain

i can understand why you wouldn't want the burden of having a new year's resolution especially, when it might feel like some societal obligation. for example, i find it annoying when people ask "what is your ny resolution" as opposed to "do you have a ny resolution". i tend to find it equally annoying when
another person or society puts me under obligation for something as i prefer my sense of obligation to come from within. however, i disagree (politely:) ) with that the practice is stupid or a waste of time. it is a form of goal setting which is something that can be a tremendous tool for many people. if you prefer not to set goals or set them at a different time or place, then that is perfectly fine, too! all of this being said...i have no new years resolution, and i don't plan on setting one:p :) . happy new year just the same!

TheDoll

Forum Captain
MY NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION IS TO NEVER DOUBLE POST. SO, I HAVE 3-4 DAYS TO DOUBLE POST AS MUCH AS I WANT, YOU GOT THAT MAN!? heh,:blush: