New to the group

jeffcpr

Forum Ride Along
Not sure if this is the right place, but I am new to the group. So Cal. EMT of 25 years none NREMT as I am grandfathered in. I now am an educator just looking for a place to discuss what's new and tell some war stories.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Not sure if this is the right place, but I am new to the group. So Cal. EMT of 25 years none NREMT as I am grandfathered in. I now am an educator just looking for a place to discuss what's new and tell some war stories.
Welcome. Typically people post in the intro thread for a quick introduction of themselves, but hey that's cool.

You can try typing in "war stories" in the search bar and see if there's a thread or two that you can bump. I'd say a good portion of the folks on here don't go too far down the war story rabbit hole, but again, different strokes I suppose.

There's an abundance of California folks on here as well. I myself was a former LA County slug when AMR had the monopoly, including the transport contract for that patch on your avatar. Those were some slow shifts, haha.

OP
OP
jeffcpr

jeffcpr

Forum Ride Along
Welcome. Typically people post in the intro thread for a quick introduction of themselves, but hey that's cool.

You can try typing in "war stories" in the search bar and see if there's a thread or two that you can bump. I'd say a good portion of the folks on here don't go too far down the war story rabbit hole, but again, different strokes I suppose.

There's an abundance of California folks on here as well. I myself was a former LA County slug when AMR had the monopoly, including the transport contract for that patch on your avatar. Those were some slow shifts, haha.
Hey thanks for the reply I will look for the into section and post again. I started out with Medix Ambulance years past then moved to La Habra Fire.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I feel like war stories are not very popular here. I've seen people who are just getting into EMT school join here, but by far the majority of the regulars here have years of experience.

Personally, I am from the San Francisco Bay Area.

OP
OP
jeffcpr

jeffcpr

Forum Ride Along
Ya war stories are a personal thing and I can respect that. I stepped down from the field to teach because of a very rough call. Really just looking for a place to stay up on what's happening in the field and being a part of the group.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Hey thanks for the reply I will look for the into section and post again. I started out with Medix Ambulance years past then moved to La Habra Fire.
No need to repost it again...this thread is okay the way it is.

And welcome.

The Possum

Forum Crew Member
Yeah I feel you. I've been in EMT since 1991. I took some time off from it but always remained licensed and certified. At that time I was working in a refinery. After the pandemic they cut my hours so now I'm back pushing a BLS rig. It's not easy to live in Northern California, the cost of living is crazy. I've also noticed that the job has changed in a big way since I left back in 2000. What I dislike the most are electronic PCRs. Just happy to have a job honestly.

CharlotteGriffin

Forum Probie
Hello! I am new too, seems like a great community.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
I've found myself here a lot more these days as well, and much of it is because I am really burnt out on bigger social media. just had enough of it.

And welcome from Sacramento. :)

The Possum

Forum Crew Member
I would agree that most social media is extremely toxic. I do not use Facebook or anything else like that. My cat does have an Instagram account that my wife set up. But mostly I just see social media as trouble.

With that said I'm sorting through a few different job offers from local BLS providers. Some are more shady than others. One of them even had an operations manager that was a convicted pedophile. That was pretty shocking. I hope I can find an honest job. I don't want to go back to AMR as I am too old to do that now. Just looking for something low-key on weekends.