New to site

AmandaDavisLPN

Forum Ride Along
I'm currently an LPN, interested in becoming a paramedic... I live in Denver, any suggestions for schools? I can't attend an accelerated program, need to still work ;-) Any feedback would be appreciated, thank you!!

Darwin

Forum Probie
Some programs that I have heard good things about are Swedish medical center, Aurora community college, Aims community college in Greeley, and I think St. Anthony's has a program. I know several people that went thru and are going thru Aims, they have some classes online with labs on the weekends and I believe 2, 3, and 4 semester options.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I can vouch for the HealthOne program at Swedish. You can do it part time and work, but you still have to be an EMT first and do all other pre-reqs.

Summit

Critical Crazy
St Anthony's (RRCC), Swedish (ACC), AIMS, Denver Health (CCD), and CCA, are all supposed to be good programs. Last I checked, these all have 12 month options in addition to the 6 month option (longer if you want an AAS and don't have your gen-ed). All require EMT, most require a year of experience, and some require college A&P, EKG, and IV. You should do college A&P if you didn't do it for your LPN (I suspect you did).

Last edited by a moderator: