new poster

jd3123

Forum Probie
Hey guys I am in process of becoming emt certified and hopefully paramedic shortly after. I'm 22 years old basically working dead end jobs last 2 years and decided time to think about my future before it's to late. I decided I want to become a paramedic because I want to really help people and I want to live somewhat comfortable life, even though medics do not make nearly what they deserve but I have a relative here on long island working at north shore lij making just shy of 80k, not bad at all but he worked his way up. Not gonna lie I would like to work in law enforcement as well specifically nypd or Suffolk, also fdny has been great interest especially since 911 friends dad was firefighter died and had passion for that since. I plan on taking all civil service exams to see where I land but would be nice going the "backdoor" route to firefighter by becoming emt or medic with them. Anyway sure nobody cares but I'm excited to getting this medic cert asap do some volunteer and see where I go.

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Welcome to the board! And enjoy the EMT class. It's gonna be a blast.

FeatherWeight

Forum Crew Member
You could always try becoming a SWAT medic, I mean look at their rigs...:wub:

F450.1.jpg

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
There's only one reason to become a Firefighter: to get laid.

Fixed that for ya.

As far as NY goes, FDNY has these

2852773511_74fe7c4657.jpg

3938056113_7fbfb1a154_z.jpg

If you have any questions regarding FDNY EMS/Fire hiring feel free to PM me. (I'm a fellow long islander)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
J

jd3123

Forum Probie
Fixed that for ya.

As far as NY goes, FDNY has these

If you have any questions regarding FDNY EMS/Fire hiring feel free to PM me. (I'm a fellow long islander)

thanks I appreciate it, said I need at least 5 posts to p/m give me one second