New/paramedic to be biggest fears :s

epipusher

Forum Asst. Chief
Cops, due to the fact the scene is always a cluster :censored::censored::censored::censored:.

RIP Officer Moore

wyoskibum

Forum Captain
Dogs. Not all dogs, just the little yap yap ankle biting ones!!! ;-D

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Mine is peds...

Look at the bright side, since they compensate so long before they die, they will likely not crash until the hospital, if they crash at all.

If they do crash before you arrive or with you, they are likely not coming back no matter what you do.

See, nothing to worry about.

flanaganj

Forum Ride Along
I agree with peds. So I went out and took an NRP class to learn some more. I figure of I feel uncomfortable with a subject, I should search out more schooling.

OP
OP
A

Ana

Forum Probie
Look at the bright side, since they compensate so long before they die, they will likely not crash until the hospital, if they crash at all.

If they do crash before you arrive or with you, they are likely not coming back no matter what you do.

Thks I think now I will wait more 20 years to get my license ;)

OP
OP
A

Ana

Forum Probie
I agree with peds. So I went out and took an NRP class to learn some more. I figure of I feel uncomfortable with a subject, I should search out more schooling.

I will definitely take more classes about it!

OP
OP
A

Ana

Forum Probie
We got a 6 yo with a gun shot to the neck other day, I was working at the ER! I wasn't participating because it was too many stars for one constellation! Room was really stuffed! But I wonder what would i do if tracheostomy site was too damages for tubing (scary to me)?

Veneficus

Forum Chief
I will definitely take more classes about it!

Go large and get a job at a PEDs transport, ER, or ICU.

After a few months, you will make peds look easy.

(anytime you are really good at something it looks so effortless anyone can do it.)

lawndartcatcher

Forum Lieutenant
Pre-CPAP, it was really, really bad (so filled up it's oozing from their ears) CHF patients.

Now, it's really, really bad CHF patients with contraindications to CPAP.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Pre-CPAP, it was really, really bad (so filled up it's oozing from their ears) CHF patients.

Now, it's really, really bad CHF patients with contraindications to CPAP.

That is why they invented bumetanide :)

( I like this thread, assuaging fears is easy :) )

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Not a new paramedic, but the can't intubate/can't ventilate patient with significant obstacles to cricothyrotomy (morbidly obese, kyphosis, limited neck mobility) keeps me awake at night.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
My greatest fear? Well an old member here summed it up pretty well for me one night. It's that eventually someone may die because I was too tired, too slow, or because I just didn't know enough. That is my greatest fear.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief

Is it bad that I laughed like a maniacal person when I read that?

My fear? Freezing on scene. Been a Paramedic for 2 years, EMS for 3, and it still worries me.

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
Peds can make me nervous. How nervous is directly proportional to the severity of the problem.
The thing I never want to deal with is a car fire with people in it still alive. And nothing you can do.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
My biggest fear is getting killed or seriously injured at work, more specifically, in an ambulance crash.

Some of the BLS providers (who have the ambulances that we ALS folks have to ride in) scare the bejabbers out of me.