New NJ BLS protocols

EMTswag

Forum Crew Member
Anyone of my other fellow EMT-Bs in NJ get the notification that njoemscert is gonna be down for a while while they revamp the core 13 and transfer to a new system? Anyone know if this is the inclusion of the new BLS protocols they have been talking about for a while, and what these protocols will entail?

What I heard is we are getting bgl monitoring and combi tubes and cpap... anyone hear the same?

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
NJOEMSCert is going away in the next two years. new system will initially have just core 13 and EMT course, with all the electives being transitioned later. based on what i have heard, it's still going to be a disaster because of poor design and the refusal of the state to listen to what everyone thinks during the planning and design stages.

you will see the new protocols when they get published. I'm guessing 2016.

remember, this is the State Department of Health and do you remember how long it took us to get epipens? and that was after a state law mandated they being put on the ambulances.

OP
OP
EMTswag

EMTswag

Forum Crew Member
NJOEMSCert is going away in the next two years. new system will initially have just core 13 and EMT course, with all the electives being transitioned later. based on what i have heard, it's still going to be a disaster because of poor design and the refusal of the state to listen to what everyone thinks during the planning and design stages.

you will see the new protocols when they get published. I'm guessing 2016.

remember, this is the State Department of Health and do you remember how long it took us to get epipens? and that was after a state law mandated they being put on the ambulances.

unfortunately you are absolutely correct :/ what a shame because njoemscert was such a great website :rofl: i can't even imagine what abomination they will think up next