New Inhaler Device

podmedic@mac.com

Forum Crew Member
Imagine delivering your meds rapidly and in metered doses without worrying about using a needle or other high training delivery device. Imagine a simple device you can hand out at a disaster scene that costs pennies each but can deliver life saving meds directly into the lungs and each person can simply administer their own dose so you can give out hundreds of doses at a time. This might be possible with the new inhalation device created by a company called Cambridge Consultants.

Check out their press release on it.

It looks really cool and could be a new device that shows up in our bag of tricks. It would definately make a difference in places like the third world where there is a need for simple vaccine delivery devices in the field.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
So - it would be good for any med?

OP
OP
podmedic@mac.com

podmedic@mac.com

Forum Crew Member
answer

So - it would be good for any med?

The article specifically talks about flu vaccine applications but alludes to broader uses. I think that as a simple to use delivery device for something like a pre-measured med for respiratory issues i.e. racemic epi, albuterol, etc. Another application I could see would be a Narcan nasal spray that is premeasured for BLS providers to use.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Moved to appropriate forum.