New- hope families are welcome

Medic's Wife

Forum Crew Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I thought this might be a good place to introduce myself. I'm Christie, VERY proud wife to my medic husband, Eddie. He's a 12 year EMS veteran (1 year firefighter, 1 year EMT, 10 years paramedic), and he's currently looking to become a flight medic.

Although I myself am not in EMS (I hope that's ok!), I've always been interested, and will probably go through paramedic school in the future. At the moment though, I'm staying home to raise our three little ones, so that will have to wait. For the moment though I thought would be nice to find a community where we could come and make a friend or two.

Thanks for reading, hope to get to know some of you soon!

Welcome to the tribe!! I think that's great, so how old are your little ones? My son is 12 and my girl is 4 going on 24!:P

Hi Anna :)

We have a four old boy (who will turn 5 in April), and a three year old boy (who will turn 4 in May), and a 17 month old girl. I also babysit my friend's two girls (4 and 8), so you can see why there's no time for paramedic school, lol.

Welcome aboard Christie,welcome to the team.

I have alil girl myself,she is gonna be 3 months old next week and is smart as a whip.

I have two boys, the oldest is 21 and his younger brother is 18. They are a lot like younger children in their activity level and unpredictability, only they can drive and earn their own money.

I am also an EMS wife. My husband is a career FF/EMT-P ready to retire in the next 5 years

Welcome to the forum!

I have two boys, the oldest is 21 and his younger brother is 18. They are a lot like younger children in their activity level and unpredictability, only they can drive and earn their own money.

Ok, that made me laugh!

Thanks for the nice welcome, guys:)

Ummm, I know I'm a newbie here, but as I was exploring the forums, I wondered if there might be any interest in a sub forum for spouses/families of EMS. If you all think there might be, I'd be happy to volunteer to get it moving. I've been a board administrator before and have used v-Bulletin in the past, if that helps. Or, you can feel free to tell me to shut up now :P

we can't do what we do without a tolerant family Medic's Wife, in fact i'd wager the longevity of many a tenured ems'er has depended on family

which you already are here...

welcome

~S~

Thanks Stevo, and everyone else. You all are obviously a very nice group here, I'm glad I found ya. Can't wait to show hubby the board :)

Ummm, I know I'm a newbie here, but as I was exploring the forums, I wondered if there might be any interest in a sub forum for spouses/families of EMS.

First of all, welcome to the group. Hope you enjoy you visits here.

Second, post this suggestion in the Suggestions subforum. Our AWESOME admins really do try and read each post, but as we all know life happens and they sometimes miss things.

Ummm, I know I'm a newbie here, but as I was exploring the forums, I wondered if there might be any interest in a sub forum for spouses/families of EMS.

Welcome to the group.

We're always looking for ways to improve our board. If there seems to be a lot of interest in the topic we might just add a section.

What? no way, man. we eat childrens around here. They tasty like chicken! :D

oooh, keep talking........ I could have used some duct tape on them yesterday! LOL! :D

I just taser my kids.

Wait, i don't have any. Oh well, I taser the neighborhood kids. Even though they cry a lot, I'm sure that deep down inside they thought it was pretty funny. ;D

I just taser my kids.

Wait, i don't have any. Oh well, I taser the neighborhood kids. Even though they cry a lot, I'm sure that deep down inside they thought it was pretty funny. ;D

Do you really taser the neighborhood kids fm?

Back