New here

ClaymoreCharlie

Forum Probie
Oops...

I have been lurking for a bit, mostly reading, learning what I can from all the knowledge floating around this forum. My name is Justin, but I go by Charlie. I just graduated paramedic school at Temple College in Temple, TX. The program was about 20 months, including EMT. It was very challenging, rewarding, and is considered the top school in the Central Texas area.

I have been working IFT for about 2 years while in medic school. The work pretty much sucks, but I try to take advantage of every learning opportunity, reading every H&P and becoming familiar with presentations of advanced disease processes and how certain medications cause changes to how patients may present. Very good learning opportunity, but I am looking to move on from that before too long.

Lets see, what else.... I enjoy the outdoors, have a dog that I love and am engaged to the most wonderful girl I could ever want. We have been together roughly 8 years now, and are set to be married next year.

Coming to these forums has been a rather humbling experience, letting me know just how much I don't know. I admit, after graduating a top notch program (there are about 4 programs in my area, the other 3 are basically garbage) I felt pretty confident in myself. Not that I am still not confident, but this helps me realize how much I still need to learn, and I am thankful for all the information I have gathered here.

I was a member at a site called texasemt.com, but that site went down, and I am not sure if there are plans to bring it back or not.

I look forward to spending time here, learning as much as I can, while providing some input that may help others along the way.

Thanks!

Charlie

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Sounds like his medic program had EMT-B as the beginning step