New drugs!

Summit

Critical Crazy
We are getting new drugs on our ambulances:
Epi Pens
Calcium Gluconate
Atrovent

weee.

Maybe we'll get happy gas cylinders soon as well.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
BLS, right?

With the atrovent, will you do a combi treatment? Atrovent & Albuterol for first does, followed by albuterol only for second?

We have happy gas, I never use it. I also have valium and morphine that I rarely get to use.

OP
OP
Summit

Summit

Critical Crazy
the ambulance could be crewed by ALS or BLS
I think us B's only get the epipens, and the the NO when it comes around.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Apr 24 2005, 09:10 PM
BLS, right?

With the atrovent, will you do a combi treatment? Atrovent & Albuterol for first does, followed by albuterol only for second?

We have happy gas, I never use it. I also have valium and morphine that I rarely get to use.
That's no fun capt'.

I've heard amazing things about happy gas in EMS, but I haven't heard any clinical reports or studies, and wonder why it isn't more widely used.

I think it would be a great tool for the fractures and others that you don't want to give morphine for, but want short-term pain relief.

'capt, if I stop by and stub my toe, can I get some? <_< B) I promise I'll make a big deal out of the stubbed toe, I'll even ask if you think we should amputate it. You have my email address, just let me know :D B)

rescuecpt

Originally posted by MMiz+Apr 24 2005, 10:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MMiz @ Apr 24 2005, 10:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-rescuecpt@Apr 24 2005, 09:10 PM
BLS, right?

That's no fun capt'.

I've heard amazing things about happy gas in EMS, but I haven't heard any clinical reports or studies, and wonder why it isn't more widely used.

I think it would be a great tool for the fractures and others that you don't want to give morphine for, but want short-term pain relief.

'capt, if I stop by and stub my toe, can I get some? <_< B) I promise I'll make a big deal out of the stubbed toe, I'll even ask if you think we should amputate it. You have my email address, just let me know :D B) [/b][/quote]
"Get some" happy gas or some *somethin somethin*? I'm sure both could be arranged, just don't tell the Chiefs.

OP
OP
Summit

Summit

Critical Crazy
Originally posted by MMiz@Apr 24 2005, 10:17 PM
...wonder why it isn't more widely used... can I get some?
you answered your own question :lol:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I've heard gret things about nitrous. My favriote part is that it is easily reversible, and has a VERY short half-life. I've heard of some docss not wanting -P's to push morphine becuase then the Doc can't assess the injury, because the pt. isn't feekling the pain. The great thing aout nitrous is you can give tit easly, few side efects, and once the gas is off, the pt. starts feeling again very quickly.

Cao't - you are no fun.

And we will NEVER see that in PA. Pennslytucky is WAAAAYYY to far back in the johnny and roy age.

Jon

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Apr 25 2005, 04:52 AM
The great thing aout nitrous is you can give tit easly, few side efects,
:eek:

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Apr 25 2005, 06:52 AM
because the pt. isn't feekling the pain. The great thing aout nitrous is you can give tit easly, few side efects, and once the gas is off, the pt. starts feeling again very quickly.

Cao't - you are no fun.

Jon
Jon, put the nitrous down... :p

rescuecpt

Originally posted by Chimpie+Apr 25 2005, 08:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chimpie @ Apr 25 2005, 08:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon@Apr 25 2005, 04:52 AM
:eek: [/b][/quote]
Man, we can't give tit on my ambulance!

ma2va92

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by Chimpie+Apr 25 2005, 08:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chimpie @ Apr 25 2005, 08:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon@Apr 25 2005, 04:52 AM
:eek: [/b][/quote]
this to would calm alot of pt.'s down.. works for me at home... never mind thats another story....would love to here the call

medic 1 to medical control.... 45 yo m pt fall down go boom .. lac over R eye..bleeding controled... pt was very upset at the scene.. gave pt. one tit
pt is now resting.. b/p is up a bit... about 5 min out.. ...no change that pt. request we ride around the city one more time

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Originally posted by GVRS672+Apr 25 2005, 09:47 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GVRS672 @ Apr 25 2005, 09:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Chimpie@Apr 25 2005, 08:36 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon
@Apr 25 2005, 04:52 AM

this to would calm alot of pt.'s down.. works for me at home... never mind thats another story....would love to here the call

medic 1 to medical control.... 45 yo m pt fall down go boom .. lac over R eye..bleeding controled... pt was very upset at the scene.. gave pt. one tit
pt is now resting.. b/p is up a bit... about 5 min out.. ...no change that pt. request we ride around the city one more time [/b][/quote]
but then we couldn't use priaprism as a determinant of a problem :p

And what would we give the girls???

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by rescuecpt+Apr 25 2005, 09:34 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rescuecpt @ Apr 25 2005, 09:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

Man, we can't give tit on my ambulance! [/b][/quote]
I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.

Jon, that was a lot of spelling errors.

CodeSurfer

Forum Captain
Originally posted by Wingnut+Apr 25 2005, 09:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wingnut @ Apr 25 2005, 09:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by GVRS672@Apr 25 2005, 09:47 AM

pt is now resting.. b/p is up a bit... about 5 min out.. ...no change that pt. request we ride around the city one more time
but then we couldn't use priaprism as a determinant of a problem :p

And what would we give the girls??? [/b][/quote]
Yeah... the girls would be left out on this one. And if we start giving tits in my county I might just look into being a secretary.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Phridae+Apr 25 2005, 12:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Phridae @ Apr 25 2005, 12:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Apr 25 2005, 09:34 AM

Jon, that was a lot of spelling errors.[/b][/quote]
:( :mellow: :(

I don't belive I did that. Oops. LMAO anyway. :lol:

Jon

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Apr 25 2005, 12:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Apr 25 2005, 12:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Phridae@Apr 25 2005, 12:31 PM

Jon [/b][/quote]
I knew your mind was in the gutter.

And PA is beyond the Johnny & Roy era; we're still back in the funeral home era.

When everyone else is using items that you would see on star trek, we'll be going back to rotating tourniquets and leeches.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+Apr 25 2005, 04:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ Apr 25 2005, 04:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Apr 25 2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Phridae@Apr 25 2005, 12:31 PM

Jon
I knew your mind was in the gutter.

And PA is beyond the Johnny & Roy era; we're still back in the funeral home era.

When everyone else is using items that you would see on star trek, we'll be going back to rotating tourniquets and leeches. [/b][/quote]
I stand corrected.

Blue, I mean Whacker Dude, you hit the nail on the head. Next thing you know, PA will say MAST pants are a very good thing for shock. :unsure: :blink:

:rolleyes:

Jon