Needles

yowzer

Forum Lieutenant
So, I was in a farm supply store today picking up some pet stuff, and saw a shelf with livestock IV supplies. Sadly, the largest needle was only a 16 gauge, and no longer than the ones for humans.

I was hoping for something under a 14, assuming I could get it without a prescription... :D

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
GOD I HATE NEEDLES!!:wacko:

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I guess that rules out acupuncture.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you got that right! ^_^

FF/EMT Sam

Forum Lieutenant

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief

Just for you, Anna.:p
Can't I have CHOCOLATE INSTEAD!! I swear it works better than Valium, just ask Mediman who is flying the chopper!!:p He is feeling REAL good!!^_^ :p ^_^

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh darn, Mediman just lost the chopper in a loose card game at the Star Wars convention!!! Sigh......... I guess we will have to walk!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Now we owe Hedar another space ship!:p

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
That's right, you hate to fly! Well I will tell you, the running joke at work is if I am having a bad day, a fresh glazed donut is just like a Ativan of a Valium for me!! I sweqr I am such a cheap date!!:p :p :p

FF/EMT Sam

Forum Lieutenant
Well I will tell you, the running joke at work is if I am having a bad day, a fresh glazed donut is just like a Ativan of a Valium for me!! I sweqr I am such a cheap date!!:p :p :p

Wanna do lunch with me sometime? ;)

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Sure! you drive and I'll buy!!;)

FF/EMT Sam

Forum Lieutenant

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
lol! Be careful; I might be crazy enough to do it.... <<<Mad Scientist Laugh>>>

Well crazy mad scientist, you will have to come up with a recipe for fuel! have you seen the gas prices here in my neck of the woods!:eek: very-very close to $ 3.00 a gallon! and that's the cheap stuff!! :wacko:

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Hmmm a choice between a needle or chocolate? I would definitely pick the needle. I'm deathly allergic to chocolate. Last bite of chocolate found me in the back of a rig (On the gurney, not my favorite place to be) going full code to the hospital with a very nervous co-worker hovering over me with an airway kit.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
HOLY COW!!!! :eek: DO not send a choclate easter bunny to Bossycow! Good morning gal, did that happen when you were a kid too?:unsure:

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
:lol: :lol: :lol: PAGING FFEMT SAM!! Where is my cheap date for the day!^_^

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
HOLY COW!!!! :eek: DO not send a choclate easter bunny to Bossycow! Good morning gal, did that happen when you were a kid too?:unsure:

Is "Holy Cow" a promotion from "Bossy Cow"??

No, this was a late onset sensitivity. I have reactive airway disease and this came on over a few years. Used to be I'd just pull out the inhaler and have myself some chocolate if the craving struck. Now the smell of it just smells a bit too much like death.

My last bite of chocolate was two years ago. My youngest son requested a particular chocolate cake for his birthday. I was moving the leftover cake from a big plate to a smaller one and a crumb about the size of a nickel fell onto the counter. I can be a bit of neat freak so I just picked it up and tossed it into my mouth without even thinking.

Within a few minutes I was looking for the inhaler. No relief after about 4 puffs of albuterol, then its the nebulizer with the solumedrol, still nothing, chest tightening, so I called my in-house paramedic/paramour and told him that I thought maybe I ought to go in and get checked out. My o2 sat dropped to about 84 enroute and I got to watch my husband's face get a bit more serious by the mile. We have a 30 mile transport to the nearest hospital so it was a really, really long ride.

The only long term effects has been that when I imply that I might do something my husband doesn't care for, he usually smiles at me and says.. sure.. you do that.. but first.... let me go buy you a box of chocolates!

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow, I think that is the most scariest thing in the world is not being able to breathe, and your poor husband, I can only image how he felt. So any form or ingredient of chocolate will set you off?

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Apparently its something in the cocoa powder that does it. White chocolate doesn't have the same effect but eating white chocolate is a bit like drinking decaf coffee, sugarfree pop or lite beer.. what's the point?