Need Some Help Here

maconEMS219

Forum Ride Along
Hello all, first of all this is a great site. I am currently a basic working for a county service. i am working toward my medic. the service i am with pays the same for a medic with or without the degree. My question is......
should i go for the degree program. or go for about two less semester and then pick up my degree classes later on??

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
If you want the degree, go now, as you will probably be working all kinds of hours and all kinds of shifts, plus overtime, and it will be very hard to fit school into the mix.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
It will be tough to get back to the degree once you are working. I'd recommend doing all the schooling at one shot.

Epi-do

I see dead people
Go ahead and take the time to get the degree now. The additional classes/education will only help you in the long run.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Get the degree NOW! As you will read from all those that had great intentions from those that never did finish. Do it and you won't regret it, don't and I can guarantee that you will regret it. I have never yet met anyone that regreted of finishing up the whole program.

R/r 911

firecoins

IFT Puppet
against the grain

Do it later! Get the certificate and spend the extra time studying for class. Than go the other classes next semester.

mfrjason

Forum Lieutenant
Chimpie is right. If you wanna go for your medic degree you should go now,otherwise you aint gonna have the time to.