Need help with a question.

EMTecBOB

Forum Probie
Will a patient in respiratory arrest die without immediate intervention?

IMHO, you are responding to respiratory arrest. You do not know how long this person has been down. She is not breathing...no airway, no patient. A urgent move would be in order.

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
FYI, ANY fall is considered traumatic. A fall of 15' may be considered a severe MOI. If I remember correctly, I've heard that and 3x the patients height. Either way, C-Spine comes first.

If they are not breathing, and you do not have room to ventilate them, move them with an urgent move

OP
OP
ethomas9449

ethomas9449

Forum Probie
Well guys I past the NREMT-B. I am very grateful for the help you provided and evaluated with me. Just wanted you guys to know you provided me with knowledge I did not understand and made me "not over look" the obvious with what I do from time to time. EMt-I here I come. But once again a very gratcious thanks and stay safe guys. I hope to meet you in the field and shake your hand. (with proper BSI). God speed ladys and gents.

tactics

Forum Probie
ABCs

Taking c-spine control can help you check the airway and you would knock out two birds with one stone. However I do agree with other post that the subject is talking to you and that can determine the condition of the airway. Also I agree that you should follow your NR competency sheets. Taking c-spine will put you right at the airway so you could check it very easily.

tactics

Forum Probie
Sorry

I didn't continue with reading the thread and I posted a reply. I apologize for the late information, but congradulations on passing.