nearby structure fire

firecoins

IFT Puppet

Recycled Words

Forum Crew Member
Holy crap...THAT's what happened last night?!

I was at my corps last night and we heard a request for our FD over the radio. Thought it was a bit weird that they wanted us because we're around a half hour out....

OP
OP
firecoins

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I know Tenafly was called

where are you exactly? I am in NYack.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Wow.... that's odd.

Recycled Words

Forum Crew Member
I'm in Teaneck. I don't know whether they requested an apparatus or just Box 54, though. I think that they requested a handful of EBAA members....

OP
OP
firecoins

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I don't know what Tenafly was called for. I got the impression some f Tenafly was handing out food to firefighters working the blaze?

Recycled Words

Forum Crew Member
Well, that's what Teaneck's Box 54 does but I think we also sent over an apparatus...I think there had been a request for additional manpower at some point as well....

OP
OP
firecoins

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I wasn't there but I know alot of manpower was needed. The whole hasidic community showed up and they were not abidding by the yellow rope. In fact there was a fight between different hassidic groups that more pd were called in. I am sure Tenafly did more than food but as I said I wasn't there. Everything I say is second hand from a Rockland County, NY fire website. www.rocklandfires.com

OP
OP
firecoins

firecoins

IFT Puppet
the fire has now been ruled "not suspicious"