Nationwide training database

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Do you know if a national database of training institutions exists-- a place where every organization and company that teaches a given course (EMT-B, I, etc.) is listed, along with contact information.
I know, for example, the NREMT only accepts training from certain institutions, but they have no idea what I am talking about.
Specifically, I am looking for an intensive intermediate course somewhere in the country (willing to travel for good course) within a certain period of time.

Thanks!
Des

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I don't believe that a database exists, but others may prove me wrong.

Maybe if you tell us what you're looking for, some members can chime in with info relevant to their region.

OP
OP
M

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Specifically, I am looking for an intensive intermediate course somewhere in the country (willing to travel for good course) within a certain period of time.
I'm looking for an intensive intermediate course that will provide me credit for the NREMT, and will allow me to complete the clinical and field time in MA. I am willing to travel, assuming the course is ~2 weeks. I am also looking for the course to be during the month of May.
Given the fact I am willing to travel, I would rather stay in the NE, but can travel on the east coast.

Thanks!
DES

mdtaylor

Forum Crew Member
You need to consider the state in which you will be practicing first. What are the requirements for that state? Is there reciprocal agreements with NREMT or other states certifications? Can you get your education in one state and certify in another? Can your certify in one state and your home state recognize it?

The State Board of [Health/EMS/whatever] usually has a list of the state certified schools.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I don't know about a national database, since we can't even seem to get a national standard for EMS. Each state sets its own rules, and I would guess that each state maintains their own list of approved programs.

firecoins

IFT Puppet

Thanks!
Des

why only an intermediate course? why not a full medic class? Get it all done in 1 shot.

OP
OP
M

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I am interested in the course mainly for the pure knowledge and advanced assessment. At least for the next four years, I am going to be in school, hopefully working with an on-campus EMS that has a Basic ambulance. At least right now, I dont have the time for a full medic course, but am definatly interested later.
Again, because I am not planning on practicing as an I in any specific state, I wouldn't know where to get the cert, if I could get NR, that would be fine. I assume reciprocity with the NR wouldn't be too hard in the future.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I don't think you'll find an Intermediate course during the summer months that will end before school starts. I've found quite a few Intermediate and Paramedic courses that would meet over the weekends from 9 AM - 9 PM or so, but I was never willing to give up my college life.

In retrospect, while I loved working EMS in college, I wish I spent less time working and more time enjoying college.