National Reg recert vs. state license recert

ms93

Forum Probie
I tried searching but couldn't find this discussed. My national registry is expiring soon. If I only plan to work on my current state (CA), do I need to bother with renewing my national reg too?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
If you don't plan on leaving CA and aren't required to keep it by your employer, then no you don't.

realmedics

Forum Ride Along
Only if your employer requires it. Most local agencies don't. Most national or international agencies do. Just remember to keep up the CE requirements for your state cert, which is different from the NR CE requirements.

FireMedic22

Forum Ride Along
If you have your national card just be smart and keep it. You never know what life will offer up. You may have offers in the future that require or may want to instruct.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
If you have your national card just be smart and keep it. You never know what life will offer up. You may have offers in the future that require or may want to instruct.

I say keep it. I know too many people at work who had it and now regret losing it since "they never were going to work in another state" and have had to pass up opportunities because they did not have it.