NAEMT course medical director requirements

Old Timer

Forum Ride Along
Hi All

Just trying to find how to become an NAEMT course medical director.

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
I bet the NAEMTs will be able to answer your question, and I’d bet that the answer you get from them will be more correct than what we can offer, unless one of ou r resident physicians happens to also be a NAEMTs course medical director.

Alan L Serve

Forum Captain
My dear friend,
Mr Old Timer,
When you contacted
NAEMT,
What did they
Say?

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I'll even help you out:

NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIANS

PO Box 1400
Clinton, MS 39060-1400

Physical Address:
132-A East Northside Dr.
Clinton, MS 39056
U.S.A

1-800-34-NAEMT
P: 601-924-7744
F: 601-924-7325

info@naemt.org

OP
OP
O

Old Timer

Forum Ride Along
My dear friend,
Mr Old Timer,
When you contacted
NAEMT,
What did they
Say?

I didn't get an answer which is why I asked on here. Just thought there may be someone on here that would know as I was looking for information. My belief was that only physicians could be the course medical director, but have since been shown a course certificate with a non-physician and an unlicensed medic signing the certificates.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
@Old Timer , the problem is the authoritative source for an NAEMT question is NAEMT. any information we provide to you might be wrong, and is less authoritative than NAEMT. Why would you even consider information that is at best hearsay?

I could tell you that you need to be an MD, a paramedic, and be really good looking, but if NAEMT says you just need to be an EMT to be the medical director, than guess what? you just need to be an EMT.

Call NAEMT, or email NAEMT. this way the person who will get back to you will be someone who knows the current rules and regulations, vs an anonymous person on th e internet.