My official birthday present: I'M IN!!!

FutureFlightMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Hi everyone! Just wanted to say thanks for all the encouragement youv'e given me while going through those long days after my medic interview, points system, etc...I GOT MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER TO PARAMEDIC SCHOOL YESTERDAY!!! Yay!! And today is my birthday, so this has been the best gift! The only birthday gift to top this was last year, on my 30th birthday, my younger brother came out of cancer surgery cancer free. He is my inspiration to become a great paramedic. I really appreciate you all also, and all your helpful insight. I taped the quote from Guardian to my refigerator that said "Relax, Medics have to be cool under pressure". Except now, this girl is so wound up that she can't relax, and can't stop smiling! I still can't believe I am one of the "Lucky 24". Wish me luck, the hard part of the journey is just begining! I love you all!!

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
:) :) :) Congratulations!!! :) :) :)

And... Happy Birthday too!!

Medivixen

Forum Crew Member
this might be off topic but do you have to go thru emt basic schooling before you can do the paramedic like canada or no?

OP
OP
F

FutureFlightMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Yes, Medivixen, here in the US it is like CA that you have to get through EMT basic school first. But here, we also have to have all pre-reqs done and get points for an oral interview and for fire dept affiliation. So I made it through all that! Finally!! Is it like that in canada too?

Medivixen

Forum Crew Member
well ambulance isnt affliated with fire here. We have to go thru PCP (EMT) then work for a certain amount of time (1 yr ) or get so and so many calls then you can apply to Medic school and wait for a spot to open up.
Congratulations!!!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Congrats!!!

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Congrats to you!

I just started too. And keep that letter. When you get ready to take your first exam, and your wondering what the heck your doing there and how the heck your going to make it through....

reread that letter and remember how happy you are right now.

I have my acceptance letter taped to my fridge......I was one of the lucky 18.

EMTBandit

Forum Lieutenant
Awesome! Congratulations! And Happy Birthday! ^_^ B) ;)

smart kid

Forum Probie
Congrats, Way to work!!!!

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief
Congratulations, I think you'll enjoy it. It's great having the extra knowledge and skills. Keep us posted on your progress.