My final is tomorrow! -Emt-B

Blessed187

Forum Lieutenant
Hey guys,

Wish me luck and any advice for my final tomorrow (written)! It's been an up and down expericence but I am hanging in there. It still seems far away because if I pass then I go into my skills stations then I go take the NREMT, kinda feels untouchable... I know that's not a great way of looking at it but, IT DOES DARN IT! LOL. As for future gouls I am in a COM/Funds of speech then PSY 101 this summer then I hope to make it into EMT-I in the fall and go from there. :ph34r:

Natalya is doing amazing!!! She will be 5 months on the 19th. Time is flying so fast! She is a good 18 lbs. already! Chuck chunk! Proof attached lol

Take care guys ill keep you posted. :)

Attachments

• dsc_0598_#1.jpg
    dsc_0598_#1.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 242
  • DSC_0060.jpg
    DSC_0060.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 210
OP
OP
B

Blessed187

Forum Lieutenant
50 views and nothing! :sad: No love

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Don't try to study and memorize. If you don't know it by now, you won't know it by tomorrow. Simply review. The most important piece of advice I can give you is to get plenty of sleep before the test. This may seem cliche', however studies have indicated that sleep allows for the neurons to assimilate and store information that has been gathered during the day time, allowing for organization of the data, resulting in better recognition/recall than if you were sleep deprived.

Make a rule, say, I will review until x pm, then I will go to sleep.

What a pretty baby... I didn't notice the baby pics til I already submitted. One of the prettiest babies I have seen in a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
B

Blessed187

Forum Lieutenant
Don't try to study and memorize. If you don't know it by now, you won't know it by tomorrow. Simply review. The most important piece of advice I can give you is to get plenty of sleep before the test. This may seem cliche', however studies have indicated that sleep allows for the neurons to assimilate and store information that has been gathered during the day time, allowing for organization of the data, resulting in better recognition/recall than if you were sleep deprived.

Make a rule, say, I will review until x pm, then I will go to sleep.

{Like} Thanks, D-day is today @10am. Coffee,coffee,coffee! B)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Good luck!! You'll be good, no worries :)

crazycajun

Forum Captain
Forget about getting your I. Go straight for paramedic. I found out the hard way. Good luck on your test.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Forget about getting your I. Go straight for paramedic. I found out the hard way. Good luck on your test.

EMT-I is about to go the way of the do do bird. It will be replaced with "AEMT". Unfortunately, AEMT's recommended scope in the guidelines is far short of the "i" as we currently know it. What we don't know is how the states will handle this, as they have the final say in scope of practice (albeit the individual medical director makes the decision as to what skills within that scope you can or cannot perform for that particular service). I think the AEMT is more of a consolidation effort than a movement toward a more or less advanced scope of practice. It will get rid of all the confusion with regard to titles, "EMT-IV, EMT-CT, EMT-LMNOP, etc", and based on gap analysis' that have already been performed by my state, I would say that AEMT will end up at least in my state as more than what the current guidelines show under psychomotor, which of course needs to be met with an educational background. My best guess would be that the true scope in my state for AEMT will be somewhere between i/85 and i/99 leaning more toward the i/85 scope (No ETT, etc). As for other states, to the best of my knowledge, I am unaware. However, an educated guess tells me that given the authority that is afforded the individual state boards of EMS to delegate and define scope, that we will see the actual scope of the AEMT vary from state to state just as wildly as we see the scope of the EMT-B Plus levels (EMT-cardiac, etc) of today.

Long story short, why not just go on to medic?

crazycajun

Forum Captain
EMT-I is about to go the way of the do do bird. It will be replaced with "AEMT". Unfortunately, AEMT's recommended scope in the guidelines is far short of the "i" as we currently know it. What we don't know is how the states will handle this, as they have the final say in scope of practice (albeit the individual medical director makes the decision as to what skills within that scope you can or cannot perform for that particular service). I think the AEMT is more of a consolidation effort than a movement toward a more or less advanced scope of practice. It will get rid of all the confusion with regard to titles, "EMT-IV, EMT-CT, EMT-LMNOP, etc", and based on gap analysis' that have already been performed by my state, I would say that AEMT will end up at least in my state as more than what the current guidelines show under psychomotor, which of course needs to be met with an educational background. My best guess would be that the true scope in my state for AEMT will be somewhere between i/85 and i/99 leaning more toward the i/85 scope (No ETT, etc). As for other states, to the best of my knowledge, I am unaware. However, an educated guess tells me that given the authority that is afforded the individual state boards of EMS to delegate and define scope, that we will see the actual scope of the AEMT vary from state to state just as wildly as we see the scope of the EMT-B Plus levels (EMT-cardiac, etc) of today.

Long story short, why not just go on to medic?

My understanding is that current legislation in South Carolina would like to eliminate EMT-B and use the AEMT and Paramedics only. This would allow even the minimum on the truck to have some ALS skills, push IV's and admin some drugs. Not sure if that will pass but I personally think it is a good idea.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
My understanding is that current legislation in South Carolina would like to eliminate EMT-B and use the AEMT and Paramedics only. This would allow even the minimum on the truck to have some ALS skills, push IV's and admin some drugs. Not sure if that will pass but I personally think it is a good idea.

Sounds like Tennessee.

OP
OP
B

Blessed187

Forum Lieutenant
I PASSED!!!!!! Skills final is this Thurday 4pm-10pm....... SO CLOSE!!!! I actually did really bad on the final, I got 94/150 but I busted my *** so I could leave room to bomb the final and still pass. I just didn't review enough, had I worked harder I would of done alright on it. When it's all said and done I have a 79% I am comfortable with it, however I know I need to get my *** in gear for NREMT my teacher mentioned to me that people who don't do very well on the written tests have a hard time come NREMT time. Study, study, study. Thanks for the input. I'll keep you posted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Oh hey, also look at SEMSA on that application I sent you. They hire basics. Based in Lassen County but it'd be another option to look at.

OP
OP
B

Blessed187

Forum Lieutenant
Oh hey, also look at SEMSA on that application I sent you. They hire basics. Based in Lassen County but it'd be another option to look at.

Will do thanks!

OP
OP
B

Blessed187

Forum Lieutenant
So far so good, passed my skills test last night. NREMT here I come!

BigPoppa

Forum Crew Member
Congrats on coming this far!!

and.............................

Paul Newman didn't say that. Strother Martin did. :)

OP
OP
B

Blessed187

Forum Lieutenant
Congrats on coming this far!!

and.............................

Paul Newman didn't say that. Strother Martin did. :)

Thank you Bigpoppa! Ur screen name makes me blush lol :p