My dog passed

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
My dog passed away yesterday. 13 1/2 great years. She developed cancer on her spleen and over the last week or so started to bleed into her belly. When the Vet, wonderful example of a care provider, was injecting the Valium, her blood was pink, not red. Her anemia was so bad, but every day she kept up the fight and wouldn’t give in.

She was my Best Friend.

Just venting.

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
Man, that's rough. You and she must have done lots for each other, so there's that, but now there's just hurt. So sorry for your loss.

OP
OP
CCCSD

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks. Every minute of my day just about was with her. Gonna be a long adjustment.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Losing a dog is horrible, I'm so sorry for your loss.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
My wife is a vet. I don’t know how she does the work she does.

Dogs are amazing. We don’t deserve them.

So sorry for your loss.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Every year on Day of the Dead, we still have a spot for our English Bulldog on our Ofrenda who died several years ago. A corner with his picture and all of his favorite snacky treats.

Mourning sucks regardless. Sorry for the blues news, @CCCSD.

FiremanMike

Just a dude
My dog passed away yesterday. 13 1/2 great years. She developed cancer on her spleen and over the last week or so started to bleed into her belly. When the Vet, wonderful example of a care provider, was injecting the Valium, her blood was pink, not red. Her anemia was so bad, but every day she kept up the fight and wouldn’t give in.

She was my Best Friend.

Just venting.
So sorry to hear that, dogs are amazing creatures. I love my dogs more than people.

OP
OP
CCCSD

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Every year on Day of the Dead, we still have a spot for our English Bulldog on our Ofrenda who died several years ago. A corner with his picture and all of his favorite snacky treats.

Mourning sucks regardless. Sorry for the blues news, @CCCSD.
Thank you.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
So sorry; dogs and all pets are wonderful help to us; but it is so sad that they don't live as long.

My part time job, we can take our dogs to work with us; and more than once I have come back and sat on the floor and rubbed him, and talked to him about how bad a run it. He helps keep me sane.

OP
OP
CCCSD

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
So sorry; dogs and all pets are wonderful help to us; but it is so sad that they don't live as long.

My part time job, we can take our dogs to work with us; and more than once I have come back and sat on the floor and rubbed him, and talked to him about how bad a run it. He helps keep me sane.
I took her with me on a few patrol days. Students and staff loved it.