Moving from CA to AZ

Kev327

Forum Ride Along
Hey everyone, I have a conditional offer of employment with a police department in Arizona in the Phoenix area. I have been working as an EMT in CA for almost 2 years on a 911 ambulance. My NREMT is still active as well as my CA EMT license.

I would like to maintain my license as an emt, and I'd like to get my emt license in AZ.

On all the AZ EMS sites I saw it seems like they want you to complete a "state approved course" then get your NREMT. Since I already have my NREMT would I still have to do an AZ approved course? Or should I just apply for the AZ license through the EMS agency. Are there any additional steps I need to take? Any help would be fantastic.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
A quick search through their faq makes it seem like all you need is your nremt. And an Arizona address. (Though the address is negotiable in some situations)

OP
OP
K

Kev327

Forum Ride Along
A quick search through their faq makes it seem like all you need is your nremt. And an Arizona address. (Though the address is negotiable in some situations)
I didn't even think to look at the FAQs, thanks brother!

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
You also need to be affiliated with a EMS agency in AZ from what I understand. I'm a AZ resident, but work in CA.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
You also need to be affiliated with a EMS agency in AZ from what I understand. I'm a AZ resident, but work in CA.
You either need to live in AZ with an AZ address or work for an agency in AZ to get their license.

About 6 years ago I tried to apply as a CA resident not working for any AZ companies and was denied. Then 4 years ago I started working for a company that has locations in AZ and I was instantly granted an AZ license.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
You either need to live in AZ with an AZ address or work for an agency in AZ to get their license.

About 6 years ago I tried to apply as a CA resident not working for any AZ companies and was denied. Then 4 years ago I started working for a company that has locations in AZ and I was instantly granted an AZ license.

On that topic if you ever decide to pick up a shift in my neck of the woods you’re welcome to stay at casa de CALEMT.