Most $ you can expect...

VinBin

Forum Captain
Just had a quick question...

Whats the MOST that you have heard of someone in EMS (on field as EMT or Paramedic) making in salary...
The most that I've heard is of one guy who had been working as a paramedic for nearly 20 years at same company and was pulling in almost $90k working in field(not as supervisor or anything)!!! Is that normal for someone who has stayed at one place for so long?

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
That is absolutely not the norm. I think it's safe to say that person was also not on salary, but instead was picking up major overtime pay.

Most private companies around here pay their most senior employees something equal to $45,000-$50,000 a year.

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Entirely depends on the region, the Cost of Living, your level of certification, County/State vs. Private, Fire vs. Medical, etc... But it's not unheard of.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
A rural company a couple of hours from me is hiring with an ad for $100 a shift for a Basic, and $120 for a medic. It's a 24-hour shift.

I guess both ends of the spectrum exist :)

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MMiz@Oct 18 2005, 11:14 PM
A rural company a couple of hours from me is hiring with an ad for $100 a shift for a Basic, and $120 for a medic. It's a 24-hour shift.

I guess both ends of the spectrum exist :)
I made over 21.00 an hour as a state park ranger..

According to my medical comp statements, I would be making 15.88 an hour as a Paramedic.

I made 16.25 an hour working on the street as a Paramedic, and 18.85 an hour working LDT's. I worked 48 Hours a week on an ALS ambulance, and 36 Hours a week on Emergency Transfers. With two bi-weekly salaries, plus what Jen makes it's just enough to live young and happy.

It's not much in 2005, I'm married, we have a house, a few cars, and plan on having children; Jen goes to medical school, I still have some college payments. My project cars are funded by selling other project cars. It's enough money to make ends meet, and live comfortably. I always said, I don't do it for the money, but really, it's not true. We have to survive. Which is why I usually work two full time jobs. And I can't wait to get back to it!

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
J.E.M.S. does an annual poll of what one can expect nation wide.

maybe now that we're being hammered by natural disasters and orange alerts it's time to up the ante'?

~CS~