Most Progressive Protocols 2017

Summit

Critical Crazy

TXmed

Forum Captain
Regular protocols. But we're always researching too.

As in published research or internal ? Does the info get forwarded to either of the trauma centers in H-town ?

Not to seem like a prick, but alot of places claim research when in reality they look at their own numbers for self-falacio rather than reporting to an entity to make it public and therefore furthering general knowledge. Im a huge advocate for EMS research but it rarely gets pushed unless a resident or fellow gets the ball rolling.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I honestly don't know. For all I know our Docs might be wallpapering a bathroom.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Adult and pediatric criteria

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170929-182230.png
    Screenshot_20170929-182230.png
    322.7 KB · Views: 174
  • Screenshot_20170929-182343.png
    Screenshot_20170929-182343.png
    339.6 KB · Views: 161

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Adult and pediatric criteria
Has it seemed like a beneficial addition in your experience? I've yet to run into a situation I could have used it, but I seem to be a medical **** magnet and haven't done a legit trauma assessment in some time.

agregularguy

Forum Lieutenant
We also are supposed to be getting blood out here in SC. Was originally supposed to get in October, now not entirely sure when, still within next few months is what I was last told. ( In addition to push dose pressors, doc was on board with them!)

SAREMT

Forum Probie
I think another thing to consider with the definition of "progressive" is the autonomy of decision making with regard to treatment, transport, and referral.

I come from a system that only recently began dispatching nonemergent calls as code 2 and does not enable any sort of community paramedicine as the money is not there. I would argue that a factor in progressiveness is the recognition that not every single patient needs a code 3 response and transport to the hospital meanwhile enabling the field paramedics to critically evaluate and field triage patients. This could mean a referral to primary care physician, secondary means of transport to the ED if necessary, or dare I say a field prescription.