Medical alert activation WWYD?

FiremanMike

Just a dude
Dispatched to a medical alert activation in a rural area. crew arrives, knocks on the door, announces themselves, and gets no answer. dispatch attempts a call back to the alarm company, who has no additional information, and has no number for the residence. What do you do next?
Without any other info, we’re done, back in service, nothing found

Other info necessary -
Prior history at the address
Cars in driveway
Do a lap around the house, can I see in windows, do I see anyone/anything?
SOMEONE has a number here, call alarm company back, get emergency contact, ask them “are they home?”

OP
OP
DrParasite

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Without any other info, we’re done, back in service, nothing found
fair enough
Other info necessary -
Prior history at the address
none
Cars in driveway
no cars in the driveway, but there is an old car in the detached garage with no plates, and a nice pickup truck with a box
Do a lap around the house, can I see in windows, do I see anyone/anything?
nope.
SOMEONE has a number here, call alarm company back, get emergency contact, ask them “are they home?”
you would think so... alarm companies are notorious for not having or providing emergency contacts.

hence the question

FiremanMike

Just a dude
fair enough

none

no cars in the driveway, but there is an old car in the detached garage with no plates, and a nice pickup truck with a box

nope.

you would think so... alarm companies are notorious for not having or providing emergency contacts.

hence the question
What do you mean about a nice pickup with a box, is this a vehicle in the driveway that would indicate someone is likely to be home?

OP
OP
DrParasite

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
What do you mean about a nice pickup with a box, is this a vehicle in the driveway that would indicate someone is likely to be home?
sorry, that sentence should have been "no cars in the driveway, but there is an old car with no plates, as well as a newer pickup truck with a box (I think it was a generator or something, new in box from home depot) in the bed of the truck in the detached garage."

But the garage doors were both closed, so did I think someone was likely home? yes... but they could have taken another car on a trip, and left those two cars in the garage for when they returned. not really a smoking gun that I was hoping for.

oh, and the grass looked like it hadn't been mowed in over a month