Medic School Recommendations? Looking for A.S. Degree.

Thriceknight

Forum Crew Member
As topic stated I'm looking for recommendations on medic programs offering a degree not just a certificate. I'm presently in California but I'm looking to go anywhere. The only thing I could find so far was a program at Penn State college of technology. Looks like a very nice an fancy program. Just wondering if anyone else has an opinion. Thanks.

Chief Complaint

Forum Captain
Not sure how things are in California but have a look at some of the community colleges close to you. They often have degree programs. No need to relocate to another state if you don't have to.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Central NM Community College has an AAS of Paramedicine, UNM School of Medicine offers up to a Masters in Emergency Medicine.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Central NM Community College has an AAS of Paramedicine, UNM School of Medicine offers up to a Masters in Emergency Medicine.

Source? Link?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Tacoma Community College offers an AS.(where I attended. Great program) Central Washington University offers a BS in paramedicine.

IvanD

Forum Crew Member
Just curious about the level of skill you will get out of these programs.

If say you end up with a MS in emergency medicine. What do you learn? What's the difference between this and say a regular paramedics course? Will the degrees give you a paramedics certification?

nwhitney

Forum Captain
Here in Portland I would suggest Portland Community College (PCC), I think it is considered a top 5 for paramedic school. I heard that somewhere but don't know if it is true or what it is based on. Oregon Health Science University (OHSU) is also another great school although more money than PCC. At OHSU from my understanding the majority of your classes are with trauma docs.