Medic school hours count towards EMT CE?

roninwarrior

Forum Crew Member
My EMT basic is going to expire before I finish paramedic school. (It expires in March and I will be done paramedic in May.)

My question is, do I need to make sure I have the CE hours to keep my national EMT basic cert?

My other question is, can I count class time from school towards any CE's for the basic cert? (ACLS, PALS, class lab time etc?)

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Yes. Talk to your program director to get the hours accounted for so you can submit then to the state or whoever needs them.

*let me add one little detail. My medic school will count for CE hours. Ask your program director.

OP
OP
roninwarrior

roninwarrior

Forum Crew Member
Awesome. I figured they would count. Thanks!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I would call your LEMSA or state and find out. Program directors do not always have the most correct answers.

OP
OP
roninwarrior

roninwarrior

Forum Crew Member
Yeah, I'm gonna give them a call. I went ahead and put my hours in anyway so we will see what happens. I just don't want to let my B expire even though I will be testing for Paramedic shortly after because I don't know how that would work.

PotatoMedic

You could just take the NREMT basic exam again and not have to worry about CE hours.

PotatoMedic

PotatoMedic

OP
OP
roninwarrior

roninwarrior

Forum Crew Member
Yeah, I'd rather not take the exam and pay again. I've just been through several semesters of classes including ACLS, PALS, PHTLS, PEPP etc so I have plenty of hours if all that counts. Plus I have enough studying to do for my national Paramedic in a few months.