massachusetts psiexam website difficulties

Stevio

Forum Ride Along
Hello, all I'm new to this website. Recently passed my practical exam and got confirmation in the mail. It says to register for my mass state written exam on psiexams.com and I'm having trouble doing so. Does anyone know where I go on the website to register for my state written exam for Massachusetts? On the website it asks for a company and I cannot find the emt written exam under any of them. Any help on where I'm going wrong, or maybe missing something obvious is greatly appreciated! I'm trying to register asap to take my wrriten.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Hello, all I'm new to this website. Recently passed my practical exam and got confirmation in the mail. It says to register for my mass state written exam on psiexams.com and I'm having trouble doing so. Does anyone know where I go on the website to register for my state written exam for Massachusetts? On the website it asks for a company and I cannot find the emt written exam under any of them. Any help on where I'm going wrong, or maybe missing something obvious is greatly appreciated! I'm trying to register asap to take my wrriten.

I thought MA switched over to the NREMT for new certifications.

OP
OP
S

Stevio

Forum Ride Along
According to my teacher we were the class before and don't have to do NREMT certification and can take just a state test. I haven't been able to contact her yet. So I'm a bit confused. But the card I got in the mail said you may register online at psiexams.com. should I just go for the NREMT?

chet

Forum Crew Member
I got bad news for you, I was stupid enough to train right before the switch and we have to take the NREMT exam. Well I wasn't told this switch was in the future and took the NREMT written today and it was so screwed up and I wasn't taught a thing to prepare for it. I am very angry right now and feel we were all screwed!! So anyway call your instructor or go to the NREMT website to schedule your exam. PSI is out of the picture now. BTW I live in MA.

OP
OP
S

Stevio

Forum Ride Along
Wow thank you! That seriously explained a lot of things. Especially why the psiexams website had entirely no information on the EMT-B exams what so ever. Do you know if we have to take the national practical as well or just the national written? How difficult was the national test? I don't know if I should retake the class or just buy a national study guide for the written, or if my practical exam I did is null and void. Don't know if you know any additional information to my questions, which would be greatly helpful.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Everyone take a few deep breaths.

Do not retake the course. Both the NREMT and MA written tests are EMT-basic tests that anyone that did half decent in class should have problems passing. The NR exam might be a touch more difficult than the old state test (less throwaway questions and the adaptive format can intimidate some people), however your class did prepare you just fine for both. The NR test is not tricky or full out of scope questions like people seem to think, it's a test that you prepared you for whether you realized it at the time or not.

AtlasFlyer

Forum Captain
In Indiana, we don't have to do NREMT written, just a state written. So we were not prepped at ALL in class for the NREMT written. I took the NREMT written, and with the emtprep.com website and just having studied and learned while in class I passed my state test and passed the NREMT written on first attempt. It doesn't matter if you were or weren't prepped "in class" for the NREMT written. Prepare yourself. If I can do it, you can do it.

chet

Forum Crew Member
Stevio, I private messaged you with the website for oems, I think we will be fine, I've calmed down and now realize I will do this, and so can you! One of the kids in my class got me so nervous about this cuz he failed, but everybody is different. I am sorry I caused you any worry!!!!

chet

Forum Crew Member
Oh yeah and one more thing, why didn't your school schedule your practical exam for you?? Mine did, then it was up to us to schedule the written. I would just call them to put your mind at ease. Take care bud!!

OP
OP
S

Stevio

Forum Ride Along
@Tigger, thanks for the advice! I was more reacting to what Roxy said, and started over reacting because of that lol.
@Roxy, as far as my practical goes, it was scheduled and I already passed. I received a card in the mail confirming my successful completion of it. It said log into psiexams.com to schedule your written test. Which circles back to why I originally posted this thread. That's where my confusion came from, because the website has no info about the EMT-B exams. I definitely appreciated your help, as it explained everything to me.

OP
OP
S

Stevio

Forum Ride Along
Sorry, that was a bit vague. I wanted to know when does the clock start and end for the amount of time you have to pass the written exam? To my understanding its a year to take and pass the written with up to 3 chances. I'd like confirmation of that, as well as does that year time frame start st the end of your class, or when you get confirmation of passing the practical? Not sure on my amount of time and when it starts.