Lost cards...

jpregulman

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys,

I seem to have lost my wallet full of all my EMS and CPR cards... I have copies of all the cards however. My question is do I need to have my physical cards or will copies do?

I am not near re-certification accept for NR.

If it matters I had the following cards in the wallet: BLS, BLS instructor, Colorado EMT, Ohio EMT, Mass EMT and NR.

Thanks!

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
most employers make copies of your cards.

But its definitley good to have the actual original card in your wallet.

OP
OP
J

jpregulman

Forum Crew Member
I already have a job, I just mean are there any legal or other issues?

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
I already have a job, I just mean are there any legal or other issues?

Not that I am aware of but don't quote me I'm sure other members of the forum would know more about that.

I know that part of my uniform is to have my certification card and CPR cert with me while On duty, The local regional EMS council every now and again does random hospital site checks from time to time. and can request your certification cards

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Your Colorado card says right on it "Accept unaltered original only as proof of current Colorado EMT certification."

If you are working in Colorado, you need to be carrying the original with you.

OP
OP
J

jpregulman

Forum Crew Member
I know that I need to have an original to show proof of cert (although there is an online system to confirm certification). Does this mean I have to have my card on me to practice?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Every place I worked required it. If someone asked you to prove your certification while working be it patient, medical director, etc, that would be the only way to prove it. While an obscure request, I think it's still legitimate.

OP
OP
J

jpregulman

Forum Crew Member
Sounds good. Right now I only practice in Ohio, but I guess I am going to apply for a replacement card!