Looking For Instructor to Provide FREE Wilderness First Aid

cfuentes

Forum Crew Member
Hi,

I've been designated by my group to find anyone who is a red cross or other first aid instructor that can provide free training for us (Youth Squad) and BLS CPR for us.

We also request that the exam be a online exam if possible to cut down the expense and time of a in-person exam.

If interested please contact me ASAP,

Thanks,

-C. R. Fuentes-Padilla

Summit

Critical Crazy
There's no such thing as free online wfa/bls.

Even if you find some instructors (there are ratio requirements) that want to give away 24+ hours of their time each, and a company that wants to give free access to expensive training mannequins... do you realize that will cost the instructor money for certification cards?

Perhaps you should reconsider what you are seeking and present some compelling reasons why your organization deserves special treatment?

OP
OP
C

cfuentes

Forum Crew Member
Re: Reply

Hi,

I said the same to my supervisory officer. However, nobody listens to the probie!!! I had explained to them that absolutely nobody gives anything away for free and that there should be some reimbursement for such a certification.

Again, however, they refused to listen and convinced me to request this from a instructor.

I am extremely sorry if I meant any disrespect.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Hi,

I said the same to my supervisory officer. However, nobody listens to the probie!!! I had explained to them that absolutely nobody gives anything away for free and that there should be some reimbursement for such a certification.

Again, however, they refused to listen and convinced me to request this from a instructor.

I am extremely sorry if I meant any disrespect.
No disrespect here, but if you ask an instructor to do it for free, that'd be taking advantage of him which is disrespectful, IMO

Why does your supervisor want it done for free, I concur with summit, why should your (squad) be given special treatment?

Just my .02

EMSEducator

Forum Ride Along
?

Mr. Fuentes- Padilla:

Wilderness First Aid and CPR are already both provided free to the members of GOVAC's youth squad. These courses are not available online.

Thanks,
Brenda

OP
OP
C

cfuentes

Forum Crew Member
Thanks Brenda,

But, I was not exactly talking about GOVAC Youth Squad I named my club at school FIRE/Law Enforcement/EMS Explorers/Youth Squad and by supervisors i meant the club's teacher/advisors. However, I did not specify and for that I apologize.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
No instructor will do it for free, as there are always costs involved.

Textbooks, certificates, teaching materials (powerpoints or handouts), and exams, these things all cost money. And that doesn't include the instructor's time, the gas it costs him or her to drive to your location, or the time he or she spends filing the proper paperwork. And that doesn't include the insurance he has to maintain to be an instructor, as well as the time he has invested to become an instructor.

Asking someone to do it for free would mean they would be paying for all the costs to run the class out of pocket, and you would be getting your training at their expense. If the roles were reversed, would you want to do it?

Thanks Brenda,

But, I was not exactly talking about GOVAC Youth Squad I named my club at school FIRE/Law Enforcement/EMS Explorers/Youth Squad and by supervisors i meant the club's teacher/advisors. However, I did not specify and for that I apologize.

Might it be possible for you to approach your youth squad advisors and see if they'd be able to help you out, even if it is for a nominal fee?