looking for info on texas ems

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Flight is 12hr, ground 911 around here is typically 24/48 or a variation of that with 24hr shifts.

emtdansby

Forum Crew Member
Southeast Texas, Beaumont area is a good place to live. Smaller cities and towns yet only and hour or so from Houston and Lake Charles, La. I work for a company called Acadian Ambulance that operates throughout Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi. Our retirement is one of the best in the country and we have branches in ground, air and education. Just message me if you want to know more.

TechMedic

Forum Lieutenant
I would suggest looking into life flight in Houston but they are hard to get into. Houston is a great place to start looking because of our huge medical center and top level hospitals

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I would suggest looking into life flight in Houston but they are hard to get into. Houston is a great place to start looking because of our huge medical center and top level hospitals

But a horrible place at the same time, due to your Nigerian problem down there

emtdansby

Forum Crew Member
I am working in Houston for the Acadian, trust me, Beumont, TX is the place to be. Orange would be another great place, 20 min from Beaumont and just a few miles from the Texas Louisiana border. Living that close to Lake Charles you could work full time as a ground Paramedic and work as an alternate flight paramedic for Acadians flight service, AirMed, in Lake Charles.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I am working in Houston for the Acadian, trust me, Beumont, TX is the place to be. Orange would be another great place, 20 min from Beaumont and just a few miles from the Texas Louisiana border. Living that close to Lake Charles you could work full time as a ground Paramedic and work as an alternate flight paramedic for Acadians flight service, AirMed, in Lake Charles.

What have ou heard about Beaumont city ems? I'm curious about them actually

Lofton

Forum Probie
I think it would just be easier if OP told us where he wanted to move to, and we could point him to the services that would fit his needs

lwems

Forum Probie
Also consider working on an offshore drilling rig. You'll fly out by helicopter to be stationed for 48 hours or perhaps longer, treat what you can on-scene, and fly the rest back onshore. Pay's good and the job is exciting.

One of our paramedics just left to do exactly that, and I hear he's happy.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Also consider working on an offshore drilling rig. You'll fly out by helicopter to be stationed for 48 hours or perhaps longer, treat what you can on-scene, and fly the rest back onshore. Pay's good and the job is exciting.

One of our paramedics just left to do exactly that, and I hear he's happy.

I would love to do that. Which company did he go with, if you know

lwems

Forum Probie
I would love to do that. Which company did he go with, if you know

I don't recall. But if you drive down to Galveston and poke around at Scholes field, where the rig choppers operate, I'll bet the people hanging around will know.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I don't recall. But if you drive down to Galveston and poke around at Scholes field, where the rig choppers operate, I'll bet the people hanging around will know.
Lol a little bit of a drive for me but I'll see what I can find out. I know my local HEMS agency does a lot of transport to oil rigs through the main branch of their company... But that's about all I know about remote paramedicine