Looking for Fellow LGBT EMTs

Welcome to the forum. I dont see why anyones sexual preference is any concern. One of the best medics i know is gay and it never has effected his job performance. i think closed minded people are the ones that should sit in the corner with there mouths shut

Welcome to the forum. I dont see why anyones sexual preference is any concern. One of the best medics i know is gay and it never has effected his job performance. i think closed minded people are the ones that should sit in the corner with there mouths shut

I don't think anyone was saying being gay affected performance. The issue is whether gay EMTs & Medics were open about being gay or whether it was kept a secret to coworkers.

I personally do not approve of homosexuality, from the view of my personal faith and beliefs. I believe it is wrong...period.

This does not mean, I cannot work, socialize, and be friends of those that are homosexual. I have obviously worked and been close friends that are homosexuals.

I do not treat them any differently, obvious they know my personal beliefs, and views. The same way I feel of others that may not have the same view point or beliefs.

I may not approve of their behavior but I will not belittle or discriminate, or treat ill anyone that may not "fit" my own beliefs. If I do, that would be against, what I was taught as well.

One can believe that actions or behavior may not be appropriate or even right, but can treat each other with respect and "human kindness and love".

R/r 911

hi Gay... welcom to the forum... sorry for not doing this earlier.

I have worked with gays in EMS, but it has no effect on me as long as they don't try to impose homosexuallity on me. i have no problems with it, but it's not for me. I agree with almost everyone with the fact that it should not matter, but not many people agree with us on that note.

Good luck in all of your future situations in that matter

Zak

hi Gay... welcom to the forum... sorry for not doing this earlier.

I have worked with gays in EMS, but it has no effect on me as long as they don't try to impose homosexuallity on me. i have no problems with it, but it's not for me. I agree with almost everyone with the fact that it should not matter, but not many people agree with us on that note.

Good luck in all of your future situations in that matter

Zak

What exactly do you mean by "impose homosexuality on me"??

Eric

this one guy that i worked with wouldn't shut up when telling me that i should get with a guy..."nothing's better" his exact words. 'impose homosexuallity' was the best way i could think of to describe it.i told him several times to drop the issue before i requested a partner change.

this one guy that i worked with wouldn't shut up when telling me that i should get with a guy..."nothing's better" his exact words. 'impose homosexuallity' was the best way i could think of to describe it.i told him several times to drop the issue before i requested a partner change.

yes I figure that would be annoying. But that is an anomoly. Most gay men would not hit on a straight man. Or at least stop after the first no.

there was no offence intended by the comment... i actually worked with a lesbian (and jon knows) that i would enjoy some of the torment that she put me thru.... checking her back for scratch marks, etc. but that too is an anomaly. this was a girl that i was trying to find a was to hook up with myself. but i behaved after the first 2 maybe's and first no.

yes I figure that would be annoying. But that is an anomoly. Most gay men would not hit on a straight man. Or at least stop after the first no.

I wouldn't dream of hitting on a straight man! Constantly joking with a partner about it would be annoying to anyone but so is a lifetime of "so where's your wife" or playing the "switch the pro-noun game"(switching he for she). I just keep my mouth shut until someone asks me, yea I am proud but it's none of my co-workers business.

Back