Looking for a run lock or system that allows the engine to run without the key in.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Long story short, security issues. The term "run lock" seems to be a UK specific term, and I can't find a US equivalent. Anyone have recommendations for specific brands of a keyless system?

What I'm looking for is something that can be easily installed with a switch that you hit before removing the keys, and once you remove the keys the engine keeps running for a set amount of time.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Long story short, security issues. The term "run lock" seems to be a UK specific term, and I can't find a US equivalent. Anyone have recommendations for specific brands of a keyless system?

What I'm looking for is something that can be easily installed with a switch that you hit before removing the keys, and once you remove the keys the engine keeps running for a set amount of time.

We have exactly what you described,
This isn't the brand we have as ours is a Ford, I'll find out later today.
http://www.kussmaul.com/091-174.html

OP
OP
Aidey

Aidey

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
We had one in all of the Crestline brand ambulances that we ran in Seattle. The Leaders had it too. I'm sure it's a simple plug in module.

OP
OP
Aidey

Aidey

We had one in all of the Crestline brand ambulances that we ran in Seattle. The Leaders had it too. I'm sure it's a simple plug in module.

Yeah, I'm sure it is too but "run lock" is apparently a British term and beyond the link above I can't find US versions because I don't know what they are called. Google "run lock" gets me a ton of websites in the UK and nothing helpful for the US.

NomadicMedic

How about calling Leader or Crestline on Monday? I bet somebody in sales can fill you in.

OP
OP
Aidey

Aidey

How about calling Leader or Crestline on Monday? I bet somebody in sales can fill you in.

Because I don't work Monday, and it's a strange question and it is a little hard to call and ask something like that when I'm not officially representing the company. "Ummm, yeah, hi, I'm some random paramedic who has no authority who is pissed at the poor implementation of a policy. What device do you use to keep your ambulances running without the keys being in the ignition?"

Achilles

Forum Moron
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Aidey

Aidey

NomadicMedic

No, I read the thread. I actually CALLED and spoke to someone who purchases and oversees repair on fleet ambulances. All of the anti theft on the Crestline trucks are Kussmall, and the new Leaders are all being speced with the Kussmall anti-theft. And they make several different models, for all brands of vehicle.