Looking for a Medic job in OC/LA

djarmpit

Forum Lieutenant
Taking national registry this week and looking into where to apply for once my certs are all done. Anyone have any recommendations on places to work as a medic in either Orange County or LA county? Thanks!

Kern County, where you can actually practice as a medic.

Depends on who you work for, and if you're on an 8/10/12/24 pay scale.

Shoot me a PM.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Pay is DOE. But starting as a new medic is:

~20/hr on 8/10hr shifts.

~16/hr on 12s with OT after the 8th hour.

~13/hr on 24or48

10% raises to all these numbers Jan 2016.

Benefits premium for employee are fully paid by company. With 90% of deductible paid for by company provided HRA card. Dependant benefits 100% paid for by company by 5th yr. Complete breakdown on website. Great equipment, protocols, scene control and only medic on scene on 911 calls. Transports range from 10min to over an hr. We service many rural areas. 9 stations have Transport times of MINIMUM 30 min. or you can work metro bakersfield and be busy with shorter transports.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
TRSpeed, what kind of equipment? Also, what does the pay look like for a 6-year medic?

The fact that heretical thoughts of going Texas to California are being entertained tells me I am not happy at my current gig...

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
TRSpeed, what kind of equipment? Also, what does the pay look like for a 6-year medic?

The fact that heretical thoughts of going Texas to California are being entertained tells me I am not happy at my current gig...
@RocketMedic

Honestly I'm not sure but I do know that if you had been a six yr medic here you'd be up 15-18% from those numbers maybe more. Just give our HR dept a call, they are very nice and easy to get information from promptly.

Well all of our 911 ALS units are new Chevy type 3s that ALL look identical to the ones on the website. I mean identical. Nothing has changed in manufacture, color sceme, absolutely nothing. They all have Stryker power cots, e series monitors with all the bells and wistles, dual train horns on bumpers, eq2b and dual wheelen sires. All LED lights. Stations all are extremely well maintained and are actual stations not just some office building. Everyone has there OWN room with flat screens in each room. units get detailed every 2-4weeks. And washed/armor-all'd daily by the maintanence dept. Units all stocked by the beginning of your shift. Shifts for 48s are. (2on 2off) (2on 2off) (2on 8off).

Our units are really bright, really loud, really fun to drive, and really well maintained. I'm looking to see if I can find the 2014/2015 EMT/Paramedic payscale so I can give you the info that you've requested.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
That does sound pretty sweet.

OP
OP
D

djarmpit

Forum Lieutenant
How long do you think they'd take to get back to someone once they applied? And are the medics in demand at the moment?

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Actually. Yes we need some medics. Emts they are finishing an Academy of about 10. Medics we might need some but 5 of our sponsored medic students just finished internship so they might take spots soon. But HR will usually get back to you within a week. They are pretty good. Ask to speak to Sonia or anna